I was working one cold, winter night. As the night came to an end, I was closing up the pub. I heard the door swing open.

"We're closed!" I yelled as i finished wiping up the tables. I hear the person get closer to me with each step he took, "I said we're closed. I'm sorry, but you will have to leave" I turn around to face the person that keeps getting closer to me. As I turn and see the persons face I almost scream in joy.

"Daddy! Oh my goodness! When did you get home?" See, my father has been in war for 2 years now. I didn't even give him time to answer as I lunged myself into him, crushing him in a hug. "You wouldn't believe how much i have missed you! I love you so much! I am so happy to see you" All he does him smile and laugh at me. He returns my bone crushing hug, "I love you too, Marion. How have you been, princess?".

"I've been okay. Had a lot happen over two years. Mom passed away, so I had to get a job and live by myself. But as you can see I have a job and I'm doing pretty well for myself. I get good tips and a decent pay check ever week. But enough about me, how was the army?"

He gives me a small smile, "I would feel better if we didn't talk about it, honey. I'm sorry that i wasn't here for you when your mother passed away. I love you and her. I am here now, and I'm not leaving anymore. You will always have your dad here now, baby."And we that it fell silent in that small pub. I finished cleaning, making some small talk with my dad. Once I'm finished closing up, he walks me to my very small flat.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" I stand there, clueless on what to do. This is the first time I have saw my dad in two years, and the rest of my life he was in and out of it. I've never really had him here, but I still didn't want him to leave again.

"Maybe, I have some things to attend to. But if you don't see me, I'll call you around 9. Will you be home by then?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too, baby." He kisses my forehead and walks away. Yes, I'm a little upset that I wont see him tomorrow. But, I haven't seen him in two years so one more day wont kill me. I walk into my flat. I walk into the bathroom, all I need right now is a nice, long, hot bath. I put some bubbles in the water. As I get in I feel the boiling water, pull the stress and worries right out of me. And playing with the bubbles helped. What? I'm secretly a five year old, don't judge. After about an hour in there I wash up and get out, heading to my bedroom I throw on a t-shirt and panties, throwing myself in my bed, wrapping myself in my very fluffy and soft duvet. I instantly fall asleep.