Heavy Hearted

Near New Orleans

Aya, the Strix witch, who cheated death by spelling her heart with the darkest magic known only by the covens of the dark Africa, and Elena's coven, raged at the Hybrid and his sister throwing torturous darts with poison into them.

"How are you feeling, Niklaus, the invincible? What a pathetic
pretentious being you are. Magic made you, and magic will destroy you!"

Klaus could scarcely gasp a word out with pain throbbing constantly as the witch made sure she was not giving him a breather and continued-

"What a family- always at war with one another! And you say you have a bond?!-" she took a dart out of him and placed it into a bowl with spelled blood-
"Your brother has no time to rescue you- I think he does not care- he has yet again fallen under the charm of the doppelganger- was Katherine her name? Or, Katerina- which ever version you prefer. He always had a romantic heart."

"You bitch!!"- Rebekah sifted.

"Ah, you regained consciousness! Good. Anyway, soon... namely in exactly 17 hours 11 minutes from now the sire line will be despelled, broken, call it what you want- and it will be the end of you." - Aya through the poisonous dart at Rebekah's heart who screamed horrificlly and exited the house.

***
In Mystic Falls

Elena, Katherine, Nadia and Tessa sat down for a little witch conference.

"She will break the sire line bond. The three stakes are ready."- Nadia said then looked at Katherine-

"The meeting place is the French Quarter magic shop."- the vampire said.

Tessa now took Elena's hand and cut into the palm letting the blood flow onto the stakes chanting a spell in a language long lost to the world.

Elena was quiet. Her glance swayed to Katherine.

Flashback

Earlier that day

"You can't tell him."- Katherine said.

Elena took a deep sigh closing her diary turning to the vampire-
"I know that."

"Right. Just making sure you know that we come first. OUR FAMILY COMES FIRST"

"This is not about first, second, third. This is about making thing right. He saved Nadia! You should at least take that in account!"~ Elena shot back at Katherine.

"For that he and I are even. But Klaus killed my family and will not rest till I see him go to Hell for all eternity, I don't care if he is his brother or not."

Katherine exited the room.

An eye for an eye

And a tooth for a tooth

And anyway I told the truth
And I'm not afraid to die.
And the mercy seat is burning
And I think my head is glowing
And in a way I'm hoping
To be done with all this weighing up of truth

As the preparation ritual ended, Katherine and Elena got ready to leave for New Orleans.

Elena felt numb. She had been preparing herself for this moment for months. There must be no mistakes. Her thoughts were running like that road in front of her.

'How do you look in the. eyes of your loved one and not share the knowledge of what was to happen?'- Elena muttered sitting on her parents' grave.

***

In New Orleans- a moment after Aya undid the sire line link

Elena went into the magic shop and not flinching stuck the stake in Elijah's heart as he turned to her.

He slumped on the floor as did Elena kneeling by his side heavy-hearted caressing his shriveled face.

"Well, done Katerina"- Aya said as she walked in trying to kill the vampire she thought knelt there.

"Harshta atmo aun ta!"- Elena got up throwing the magic spell onto the witch by a flip of a hand. The witch was gasping for breath as she continued to choke.

"I am not Katerina!!"- Elena said as she came up to the Aya looking her straight in the eyes not letting go off of the surge of magic- "Yes- there is two of us!"