2

I was woken up by people talking in the room next to mine which was the family room.

"Abs, what time is it?" I say shaking her. She looks at her phone.

"3:30. Go back to sleep." She says.

"Something's wrong." I said. I got up and walked out of the room. I was shocked to see everyone standing and sitting in the family room.

"Is everything okay?" I ask. My voice was kinda shaky. My dad walks over.

"I'm sorry squirt." He says.

"Okay what the hell is going on?" I say. I see my mom crying behind Austin.

"Your grandmother..." Austin started to talk.

"NO!" I scream. I pull my hair back into a pony tail but just hold it in place. I start to cry. Abby comes out of the room.

"I'm so sorry." She says. She comes over to me and grabs my hand.

"I DIDNT GET TO SAY GOODBYE!" I let go of Abigail's hand and run to the door to the patio. I slam the door shut. I start screaming and fall to the ground. I pull my knees to my face and burry my sobbed up face. I hear the door open but I don't bother to look up. 

"Come on, let's get you up." I look up to see Shaun leaning down to help me up. He gets me up and puts me on the rocking bench. He sits next to me and wraps a blanket around me. He puts his arm around me and pulls me close.

"The thing about death, is that it's natural, it happens to everyone." Shaun says.

"I'm sorry. I'm a mess." I wipe my tears.

"You're a beautiful mess then." He grabs my hand. I hold it back. Our fingers getting in a tangle.

"Your mom said she's sorry." He said.

"It's not her fault." I said. I laid down and put my head in Shaun's lap. He played with my hair while I drifted to sleep. I felt a kiss on my head.

"I'll take you inside." He said picking me up. He was talk and strong. He had big arms I was safe. He put me down in the bed. He pulled the covers up. I looked at him.

"You okay?" Shaun asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I wiped the tear that fell down my face.

"Alright." Shaun said. He pulled the covers up and slid in next to me. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and pulled me close. I buried my face in his chest.

I woke up to a tap on the shoulder.

"You two love birds should get up, it's 12pm already!" Abby said smiling. She leaves the room and shuts the door.

"Good morning." Shaun says tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Good morning." I said smiling. I put my hand on his cheek and moved by thumb back and forth. At the moment it hit me that my grandmother was actually dead. Not alive, but dead.

"Geez..." I said.

"Are you okay?" Shaun asked.

"She's really gone." I say getting out of bed.

"Everything is going to be okay." Shaun said getting out of bed with me. I walked toward the window. I let out a deep breathe. Shaun's arms wrapped around me from behind.

"There's a chance I love you." He said. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I think I love you Shaun." I responded back. He kissed me on the cheek. The rest of the week was pretty downhill. The yacht was canceled. Wednesday came around. Abby and I were packing up when Shaun came in. He walked over to me and say on the bed. I scooted over and stood in front of him.

"Thank you." I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"No thank you." Shaun leaned in and kissed me. Our lips touching. The slight pickle of this little beard on my soft chin. We pull out of the kiss and look at each other.

"I love you Hal." He said looking at me with his bright green eyes.

"I love you too." I smile and give him a hug.

"You all are cute." Abby said.

"You guys are leaving in an hour." Shaun said. He had his hands on my hips. He moved his hands up and down. The family had all their bags loaded in the van. We all got in, but this time my uncle drove. Abby got in first followed me and Shaun. We all sat in the back My step dad turns around and looked at us. He reached out as I grabbed his hand.

"Thank you, this trip was amazing." I said.

"Of course!" He said smiling. We started driving when Shaun's hand slid in between my upper thighs. I look at him and smile. I let my head drop down to this shoulder. His hands were big, comforting actually. We got to the airport and we all got out of the van. Shaun grabbed my bag. He walked to me and gave me a tight hug.

"You have my number if you need anything. Call me and text me. And if..." He started but I interrupted.

"It's okay. I'll be okay." I said. I leaned in a gave him a kiss.

"I'm gonna miss that!" Shaun said laughing.

"Alrighty lovey doveys we gotta hit the sky." My mom said. We all hugged and said our good byes. Abigail went to hug Shaun.

"Thank you. I haven't seen her smile like that in a while." Abs said.

"You're welcome." Shaun said. I waved to him as I walked away.

"This was fun, let alone loosing my grandma." I said. Abby smiled and grabbed my hand.