Chapter Two [2]

"Holy shit," Aaron blurted when I opened the front door. His hazel eyes greedily scanned my body, soaking in my appearance. For as long I've known Aaron, I have never seen him look at me the way he is now and honestly, it is making feel a little awkward.

"What?" I sheepishly say, feeling my cheeks redden involuntarily.

"You just look amazing," He smirked as he scratched at the roots of his hair before filing his hand all the way through. "I've never seen you show off so much skin."

I nodded my head in agreement, not knowing what I should say. My stomach twisted in knots. My mom insisted on choosing my outfit for me, and I would've never pictured myself wearing a black strapless dress with the slits on the bottom to expose my legs. I'm wearing black heels to go with my outfit and I'm surprised I'm still standing in them. I literally feel as if I'm always leaning and could accidentally fall over any second.

Aaron stood there silently, and for a moment I thought I should invite him inside until I realized we are supposed to be going to a party- not hanging out at my house. Besides, my mom is working right now anyway, so even though it is only Aaron, it would be against my mom's rules to allow a boy inside when she's not home.

Without realizing it, I ended up staring back at Aaron. I couldn't help but notice how attractive he looks tonight. His hair styled perfectly; a little rough looking, but yet soft at the same time. He's wearing a gray shirt that stretches a little lower than his waist and tight dark blue jeans. His shirt is cut kind of low around the neck, exposing the fair skin underneath. Nonetheless, he looks incredible even though he is dressed casually.

When my eyes reached his face, I noticed Aaron was smugly smirking. Instantly I felt my cheeks redden as I looked away, embarrassed and ashamed that I was looking at my childhood best friend in that way. In no way should I be attracted to him, when we are mostly complete opposites.

"Did you hear me?" Aaron laughed mockingly as his eyes narrowed on mine.

"What?" I question, straining to keep eye contact with him. I fiddled with a strand of my hair, pretending not to be affected by him calling me out when actually, I am flustered and embarrassed. I can already tell tonight is going to be nerve-wracking.

"Are you ready to go?" Aaron nodded his head toward his car in the driveway. I mouthed 'ooh' dumbly and nodded my head.

I followed Aaron out to his car and he opened the passenger door for me. Once I stepped into his car successfully (without falling and humiliating myself), I fastened my seatbelt. I thanked Aaron and closed the door.

I looked out my window once I heard a small knock, already knowing it was Aaron. I laughed when I had the beautiful sight of his face pressed against the window. His nose smudged against the glass, making him have a pig-like looking snout. I could see through his nostrils, and the sight made my stomach squeeze as I laughed. His mouth was open, laughing as well as he sucked air in and out, making a fool out of himself.

I shook my head once I couldn't find myself to laugh anymore. I pointed to my wrist, imagining a watch there. "We have to get going!" I giggled.

Aaron frowned and shrugged his shoulders, detaching his face from the passenger window. He sloppily grinned at me as he made his way to the driver's seat.

"I'm so glad you said yes," Aaron said truthfully as he started the ignition and fastened his seatbelt.

"Why's that?" I asked, genuinely feeling curious. I liked the idea of someone actually enjoying my presence. Aaron rested his arm on my head rest as he looked behind him while backing out of my driveway.