Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Nathan."

I managed to say, I was frozen. He was holding me so close after six months, his hands placed firmly on my waist and my hands were balled into fists holding onto his shirt. My breathing got more and more intense as he stared at me intensely. This felt like the first time he held me, all of those goosebumps overcame my body. We were so close I felt his hot breath tickling right up against me. I raised my head so I was looking at him straight in the eyes. There right before me were the eyes that I've missed so much, the ones that you used to be full of love. But now all that I see is pain.

"Sophie ."

He whispered barley audible. I swallowed hard and the sound of him saying my name. His hands crept up to my face and started stroking my cheek with his thumb. Not able to take this anymore, I pushed my body up against him. He took me into his arms and laid his chin on my head and I snuggled up against his chest. I felt his hands start running through my hair. I felt more and more tears start falling down my cheeks. He pulled me back at the sound of my sobs and started wiping my tears away with his thumb. Why was he doing this? He just exclaimed his love for Dionne at the table and now here he was with me on the other side of the room.

He tucked two fingers and made me look up at him. No words were exchanged,just complete silence, and that's all that we needed. He pulled back strands of my hair that were now in front of my face and behind my ear. I traced the outline of his jaw with my fingers. I bit my lip at the sight of him licking his lips. He gently but forcefully but gently me back against the wall, I arched my back so I was closer to him. He placed one hand on my waist and the other on the wall right by my face. His face started leaning down towards mine and I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into me. We were so close, I felt his eyelashes against my cheek and his breathe left chills on my skin. I noses were pressed up against each other and our lips were inches apart. This is not what I wanted, but what I needed.

"Excuse Mr. Sykes wou.... Oh never mind."

We both quickly jumped apart as the waiter came into the hallway, he quickly saw what was happening and scurried away. I awkwardly looked at the floor as I felt Nathan's eyes on me. I ran a hand through my hair and refused to look at Nathan. I heard him give a couple mumbles and then he walked off. I gave out a sigh of relief and pushed me back up against the wall taking in everything that just happened. I traced my lips back and fourth. He was about to kiss me, he was going to fucking kiss me. If it wasn't for that fucking waiter who knows what would of happened.

Did Nathan still care about me after all these months, or was he just in the spur of the moment.

I fixed myself and walked towards the table once again, this time everyone was grabbing their belongings. I walked over to my seat trying to completely ignore Nathan. I couldn't stand too look at his face one more time, I would most likely just melt right then and there.

"Sophie ready to go?" Michelle called out.

"Ready as ever." she linked our arms together and we made our way to the cars that were ready outside.

My eyes widened at the sight behind the glass door, there were hundreds of screaming girls and flashes coming form every corner. I guess word got out that we were here.

"Don't worry Soph, just don't get let go of my arm." Michelle said.

"Got it babe."

"Okay."

"Sophie just don't walk too fast, Jay and I will make a human shield around you." Max called out.

I nodded nervously this was the first time that I was going to go through something like this and I was terrified. What if I got trampled over or something. I took one last deep breathe I and then turned my gaze towards the door. Michelle squeezed my hand reassuringly and lead me out the door.