chapter one

"Are you ready yet?" Mason complained.

I leaned onto my bed and picked up my I'm really a mermaid heathered tank top and pulled my hair into a messy bun

"I am now," I admitted to him.

"I'm just gonna grab my sandals from my closet and we can head out," I answered.

This was an annual event that I held since freshmen year of high school, originally it was just girls only event but once I started dating Mason it attracted all girls and pretty much all of the boys came. It pretty much became a school event this year all four years, freshman, junior, sophomore and seniors came.

"We are leaving now," He muttered, grabbing my hand and pulling me forward outside my french doors in my bedroom towards the inground pool. As we walked outside we were met with screaming and the music of the summer playlist I had put together. As soon as we walked into the backyard, we were met with one of Mason's jock buddies. Mason and this other guy who I believe was named Bryce, the did that man hug thing, he pulled my closer to him and we walked over to we I had previously set it up.

"Will you grab me some food, Mase?" I asked looking at him expectedly.

"I gotta go find Beth," I said to him and he nods answering my previous question.

I headed over to where Beth was sitting on the edge on the pool with her feet dangling over into the water and her hands clapping to the music of the current country song. I dropped down right next to her and she let out a sigh of relief.

"You made it," She squealed.

"Of course I did!" I said slipping my sandals off and dangling my feet into the water.

"Where's your other half?" She asked slightly swaying her legs in the water.

"Getting our food," I said then proceeding to crane my neck to see if he'd come back yet.

" I just wanted to make sure you were okay," I asked concernedly.

"I'm fine," She said swinging her arms out.

"Kaden is just such a jerk sometimes, but i'm fine now," she shaking her head at the thought of her cheating boyfriend.

I headed out to the picnic table where Mason was surrounded by girl, including my enemy the one and only Makayla Roberts, tight and low cut bikinis in all. Don't get me wrong I wasn't one to constantly wear a one piece or a tankini but mine were not that tight or low cut as them.

"You're dismissed ladies thanks for saving my spot" I said pushing them off the seat and leaning my head on Mason's chest, and I could feel Mason's trying desperately to hold down a laugh. The three of them walk away pathetically swaying their hips to the point where their bikini were almost ripping. Once they're out of hearing distance, Mason and me burst out laughing, people start staring.

"That was great, my love," He said attempting to control his breathing and failing once again.

"I know, I know," I said putting my hand under my chin and then proceeding to both start bursting out laughing again. He and I were just to kids in love and we were just two kids trying to figure out the world together and there is nobody I would rather do it with then Mason Turner. He grinned something that made me fall in love with him, one of the first times I saw him. As I finishing up the last few bites of my burger, Mason starts to grin mischievously. the second I finish my hamburger and I mean the second, Mason grabs me by the waist and carries me on his shoulders to the pool and throws me in and then jumps in for himself.

"You are going to regret that, Mr.Turner," I said sophisticatedly in a mocking manner.

"Oh am I, Miss Jones," He said a smirk on his handsome face. Then he proceeded to dunk me in with him, which was probably incredibly easy because I had my legs wrapped around his waist. Well we were under the water I gently placed my lips on his as I placed my hand on his biceps and he placed his around my stomach and pulled against him. This was one o f my favorite summer activity with him, it was something that made me feel fireworks, not that everytime we kissed I felt nothing, it gave me a rush of excitement.