Chapter 1 ~ The Swap

Dan's POV

Sunlight starts streaming through the curtains onto my bed and onto my face which is blinding me. Ugh, you've gotta be kidding me. I sit up and half open my eyes to realize I'm in Phil's bed.

"What the fuck, why am I in Phil's bed?" I say, startling myself as my voice sounds...strange and deeper than usual. I brush it off being too tired to fully think about it. Moving to my side and getting out of bed to try to stand up, I lose my centre of gravity completely and stumble almost face first. Am I that tired? Then I see my hands and wonder why they're so pale. And what's going on with my clothes!? I sit up again on the floor and see myself wearing Phil's pale blue t-shirt and his Star Wars pyjama bottoms. At least I think they are because they look incredibly blurry, as a matter of fact, so does everything in the room.

"Great! How lovely it is to wake up half blind!" I say, sarcasm dripping from my every word and my voice surprising me again. To the left of me on the bedside table are Phil's glasses. I guess there's no harm. I pick up the glasses and put them on which slide perfectly onto my face. Perfect, which is weird. This time I get up gradually, making sure that I don't fall, and walk my way over to the mirror, in Phil's room. As soon as I see the reflection I let out a scream and tumble backwards into the corner. I-I look like...Phil.

Phil's POV

"Dan!" I scream, not really thinking about why I'm in Dan's room, "Are you oka-" I start as I look into my bedroom and see...myself? Standing back to the wall and sweating a bit with a look of terror on my face. The Phil in front of me turns his head and gives off a quick shriek. "Phil?" he asks, then it hits me.

"Wait, hold on. Dan?"

Dan just nods.

"Well you've changed a bit." Really Phil!?  You are not helping this situation!

" I could say the same thing about you." he answers. I give him a confused look, which he responds with motioning his head (or my head) to the mirror. I walk over to it and only then does my mind actually catch up with what's happening. I look in the mirror to see a 6ft 3 man with brown hair, brown eyes and a black t-shirt. Dan Howell, my best friend is staring back at me, and for whatever weird reason, I'm Dan.

(A/N: Sorry it's short.)