Prologue

"Isaac Collison." A man with a bushy peppered beard said with a harsh voice. Isaac's eyes flew open. The surroundings frightened him. "I'm a messenger! I demand you let me go!"
The man gave a small laugh. "You're under my rule now."
Suddenly, Isaac knew where he was, he was at the base for the Neo-Spartans, and the man he was staring at was King Leonidas VIII. These people fancied themselves as soldiers and fought anyone for their own benefit. They had no remorse, and barely took prisoners. "What do you want with me?" That's when the king pulled a knife from his belt, holding it at Isaac's arm. "I would like you to tell me what message you were giving to the Winterstones." Isaac looked down. "Okay. Let me just gather my knowledge." Isaac tried to stall, however he cut deep into my arm. Isaac yelled in agony, if it weren't for his arms being tied down, he would reach to stop the bleeding. But he couldn't. "Did that refresh your memory, messenger?" The King spoke, Isaac yelled "You won't get shit out of me!" It was against messenger code to leak confidential messages between two factions, it was punishable by death of your family. The king cut another slit into Isaac's arm, he tried breaking out of his restraints. "I'm not going to waste my energy, messenger. Tell me your message, or I'll kill you." Isaac closed his eyes, if he were to say the message he could run away, however then he would be an outsider, and outsiders were the scum of society, they were robbed, beaten, and killed, sometimes even for sport. One thing was for sure, you didn't want to be an outsider. "Fine." Isaac spoke. "However, I want to join your ranks as a Neo-Spartan!" Isaac demanded. Leonidas nodded. "That can be arranged." A few Neo Spartans marched into the room, Leonidas unravelled Isaac's binds. "Now.. Tell me exactly what the message was." Isaac stood tall, rubbing where the tight restraints used to squeeze. "The Talorn want Neo Spartan blood, they want Winterborn to aid them. They'll be attacking the 21st of the Winterfall." The guards grabbed Isaac's arm, Isaac struggled to break out of their grip. "Asshole!" He shouted at Leonidas. "Put him with the others." The King turned around and left the room, the guards took him outside where several other men were on their knees, blindfolds covering their eyes. "Wait! Stop! You can't kill me, I have a family!" He was forced down to his knees, he struggled to get back to his feet. "God will fuck you all!" Isaac shouted, struggling to be let go by the guards. A Spartan in full armour marched over to the 7 tied up men. "Tonight, we will use you as target practice." He informed the hostages. "However, we enjoy the simplicity of even numbers. So one of you will have their head taken off. Leonidas decided it would be the messenger." Isaac fell quiet, before he was dragged by the arms to a different room. His blindfold was taken off, he saw a crowd of people, spectating the execution. "God help me." Isaac muttered under his breath, his head was placed down on a stone brick. He heard the metallic ring of a sword being drawn. Isaac shut his eyes tightly, the executioner swung the sword down over his neck, splitting it off from the rest of the body with a swift clean swipe. Isaac's head toppled to the floor.