C'mon?

Alex

It's getting late, and I
Cannot seem to find my way home tonight
Feels like I am falling down a rabbit hole
Falling for forever, wonderfully wandering alone
What would my head be like
If not for my shoulders
Or without your smile
May it follow you forever
May it never leave you
To sleep in the stone,
May we stay lost on our way home

-Panic at the disco; C'mon (feat. Fun)

Now the brown eyes come to focus within Brendon Urie's loud voice. Her brown eyes dark, not evidently shown made me uncomfortably swoon inside. I walk ahead realizing that I'd made an impressive entry. There were two desks one to the right and the other to left. My brief training with my dad had brought me good confidence and well, good impressing tips.
"Name's Alex Grant" I say putting the file down and giving the subway girl a smile that could get so many girls to put their guards down.
"Didn't you just call like 15 minutes back?" She says slightly confused. I had my answer to that (perks of being one of the most popular kids in school).
"Just to see if the firm was open and to add the irony of using my dad in through" I say resting my elbow on the reception desk.
The girl stares at it for a long time. Then I move my hand away in embarrassment. Then she continues to dig through her files.
"Umm. You are Alex Grant and a new recruit." She says looking up to me smiling. "Welcome then. I am Snow Dexter the receptionist and that's Robin Dyne and I am going to walk you through you stuff." I look at the girl Robin and say hi.
"You free today?" I say straightning my suit. "Like five-ish."
"Uh. I really don't have time for sad playboys, unfortunately and their real sad irony and their even sadder try at impressing girls." She says looking at me with pressed lips. The comment doesn't stop my attempt to make her like me.
"Hey. Just asking." I put my hand up straight. We walk up to an olive green door tagged 'Mike Thompson'.
"There this is where it ends." She says to me. "Get in. Show what you've got. Alex."
"Thanks." I say nervously.
*******
I am out I say to myself a big feel of relief washes through me. I could do it. It worked out. Freedom is in my hands nobody can take it away from me now. It's all over and now I am free. Snow comes inside my office with a pile of folders.
"Work Grant." She says.
"You bet." I say flashing her another of my smiles. "Bring it on." I tell her and she sets the folders down.
"I am sorry about the comment I made." She says softly.
"So Five-ish?" I say smiling.
"Break you mean. Totally." Her smile rather than mine was vibrant and beautiful. I liked the way she looked not too good but just perfect. A long feel of work and annoyance I took my laptop out and started to go through my Facebook messages. Being one of the most good looking guys had its advantages and but inbox was just about full. Most of them were girls. Not that I played with any of their hearts but I kept my level of good friendship with them. The only kind of girls I dated were delicate and very beautiful. The door opens revealing the girl Robin in it.
"Break's started." She says giggling.
"Thanks." I say looking up from my keyboard. She closes the door lightly and leaves. I slowly reach for my phone and push the door and leave. The office falls silent and I feel a thump thump in my heart. 'This isn't the first I am doing this' I trust my heart not increase its thumping. I get very nervous by the time I reach the water tank at the end of the hallway. 'You're Alex. Alex Grant. Big deal everywhere. Popular and charming.' I say not giving myself a chance to freak out.
"Alex?" The voice is happy and it's her voice. Snow.
"There you are." I say fighting the urge to slap myself.
"Shall we go then. Amazing restaurant down the street. I didn't have anything since the morning. What about you?" She says motioning her hands now and then.
"Ummm. Nothing much."
I don't need to tell how I good I felt within those few minutes. They were amazing I asked about her parents.
"Dad left. Mom still not over him." She says looking straight and she went on about her life making it sound that she was happy but something maybe her voice breaking in the middle told me it wasn't that. There's always lot more than the person tells you. More than anybody I should know. For mistakes have stained my life and there's nothing that can change that. Everybody like me wish they could maybe even Snow but it's all over nothing is going to happen. No miracle is going to come and change my life.