Story 1 (not finished yet)

Vote or comment for your favourite book and then I'll send it into a competition thing called 500 words (I've still got to write loads oops) *28*

In this world of controlling and brainwashing,how can we be ourselves when we are punished for being so?

"Sydney!" The figure looming above me shouted. I was woken from my daydream by sixty eyes glaring at me with a hatred. I snapped. After twelve years of being ridiculed and hated for not fitting the guidelines society made for being normal, I did something. I stood up and ran. Out of the room. Out of the halls. With their words echoing in my mind and their violence I printed on my body, I ran to the only place I truly feel relaxed. The campout.

When I got there, my friends were all sitting around. They had all given up on school years ago after having the same stress as I . Flynn was sitting on a log by the fire, river and Autumn sat on the other side of the flames talking to each other, opal,coral and willow were leaning against a wall. I went and sat down by Flynn and woke him from his daydream. "Finally done with school then?" He asked, knowing I was out earlier than usual. I tell him how I ran away and don't plan on going back, but rather staying here with them all day. Autumn and river overhear and congratulate me on finally getting away from there, but warn me that I can't stay a the campsite for ever, and how during the day they go out into the judgmental outside world. Unfortunately I know this all too well, and I know how sometimes their lives are worse than mine.

The next morning we get ready to leave, to go and find jobs and supply's. We all know the dangers of society already but even so we are weary and scared. River and me have a 1 in 12 chance in being murdered out of everyone in the world for our views and lives, only because of our gender. Opal and willow can be fired at anytime just because of who they love. Autumn is not helped or appreciated even though she risked her live for our country and has half a leg to prove it. Flynn is shouted at and called names because he supports us.