letter three; madison

Dear Madison Ziegler,

Hello. How have you been doing since my death? Did you feel depressed? Or were you relieved because you didn't have to deal with me any longer?

You were my best friend. Except you were so full of yourself and never thought about me. Everything we did together was because you wanted to do it. Never me.

I didn't like that so much. I always spoke up, but you always dismissed it with a wave of your hand.

I don't know how or why I was still friends with you. It hurt me that you never cared about me. Not once.

You used to be fun, loving, and caring, but now you're not.

Huh. Maybe that's why I stuck around. Maybe it's because I thought that you were just going through a phase.

Or maybe I held onto that you used to be good. We used to have fun, and I was too scared to leave you because I thought that I would lose those memories. What do you think?

Can I say something? Oh wait, this is my letter to you; I can say/write whatever I want. Obviously, that means I can tell you.

I once told you that I despise egocentric people (Who doesn't?). A little less than a week later, you became more and more egocentric.

Maybe you wanted me to leave so you started acting that way. Maybe something happened that I don't know about. Either way, you know what happened.

Don't think about things like this for too long, otherwise you'll remember it forever.