Some More Observations (And Story-Telling)

A/N: In which we learn some important things.

Clint's POV

The black tom and the honey-blond she-cat were confusing him. They had both assumed defensive positions, and the she-cat was staring at him and Nat with an intensity in her grey gaze that surprised him. They both seemed fairly young, teenagers maybe. But they were big, the tom especially. He was broad-shouldered, with intense sea-green eyes, but he had a trident head in light grey on his chest. His eyes were wary, but hard, like a wolf's. He had dozens, if not hundreds of small scars criss-crossing his body. His fur was thick and glossy, and slightly wavy. His girlfriend (he could tell just by looking at them) had honey-blond fur, and keen grey eyes that had a certain distracted look in them, like their owner was thinking of a thousand different things at once. She was slightly smaller than the tom, with not-quite-as-broad shoulders and far fewer scars, but she had a look in her eye that reminded him of Tasha when she was in full-on tactical mode. The tom had a charismatic aura of power and leadership that reminded him of Cap.

So, like the brash idiot that he was, he stepped forward and asked "Who are you?"

The pair visibly relaxed. The tom stepped forward and replied, "I'm Percy, and this is Annabeth."

He flicked his tail toward the she-cat. Clint nodded, saying "I'm Clint, and this is Natasha."

Natasha stepped forward. "Were you guys turned into cats as well?"

Annabeth nodded, stepping up with the rest of the group. "Yep, and at the height of our triumph, too".

Percy glared at Annabeth, who shrugged. "Might as well", she muttered.

Percy scowled, shrugged, and said "Have you guys ever heard of the Greek Gods?"

I glanced at Natasha, who shrugged. Might as well tell them. "Only in history class, although we have met the Norse gods, or at least aliens with the same names and powers and history and everything."

Annabeth's eyebrows (eyewhiskers?) shot up. "And how did that happen, dare I ask?"

Tasha glanced at him, and he shrugged. So they, in turns, told their story, even Budapest in its entirety, which they had only ever told Coulson. By the end, Percy and Annabeth were gaping. "So you guys are government-trained spies."

"Pretty much"

"And you're on the Avengers"

"Yep"

"And you fought an alien army from outer space"

"That's about it"

Percy and Annabeth looked at each other. "We definitely need to tell them", said Annabeth.

Percy nodded and replied "I second that motion"

So, they proceeded to tell him and Natasha that Percy was a son of Poseidon, and Annabeth a daughter of Athena. They trained at a place called Camp Half-Blood, on Long Island, NY. They trained with other half-bloods, or demigods, and would sometimes be called to go on "quests". They were taught by Chiron the centaur. What they did next surprised Clint beyond all belief. They each told their entire histories, from their earliest memories to the present. Clint was astonished that the young seventeen-year-olds had gone through so much, and that they trusted him and Nat to believe their story. When they were done, he had to scrape his chin out of the dirt. "So your parents are immortal Greek gods?"

"Yep."

"And you spend your lives fighting people and monsters out of Greek myths?"

"That sums it up fairly well."

"Prove it."

That last part came from Natasha, who had said very little during this whole time. Percy's eyes widened, and he said "I guess I'll try. I'm not sure if it will work, though."

He closed his eyes, and out of nowhere, a miniature hurricane began raging around him, complete with lightning and rain. It dissipated, and he gave a feral grin and a yowl of exultation. "HAH! TAKE THAT YOU SON OF A GORGON, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!"

That was when eight cats slunk out of the bushes and pounced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am but a poor fangirl who only dreams of owning such wonderful characters.