Chapter Twenty-Six

"How ya feelin', Maya?" Lucas asked. They were receiving their caps and gowns for graduation, which was just around the corner it seemed, and Maya was obviosuly anxious.

"I'm okay." Maya sighed. "Just... between graduation and my new job to save up some money and the t-" Maya faded out her sentence and cleared her throat to stop herself from saying something she didn't want to.

Maya had finally blocked that number that was sending her rude and degrading messages, but that doesn't mean the insulting words haven't stuck in her mind.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." Lucas laughed. "I promise you're gonna be okay." He wrapped his arms around Maya, kissed her forehead and rested his cheek on the top of her head.

"I thought you were afraid of growing up?" Maya mumbled into Lucas' chest, squeezing her arms around him tighter.

"Well yeah, but as long as I know I've got money saved and put aside, as long as I've got you... and maybe some food, I'll be okay." Maya giggled, pulling away from Lucas' chest, using her hand to push away.

After waiting for a while, every senior received their caps and gowns and got to leave for the day, as they really didn't have much to do at the end of the year.

"You wanna go out and do anything?" Lucas asked, glancing between Maya and the road. Maya shook her head and looked out the passenger window at all the passing cars. "You wanna just... go to your house?"

"Yeah." Maya smiled. She reached over, grabbing Lucas' hand off his lap and intertwining their fingers.

The drive to Maya's house was quiet, but not awkward. The radio was playing, but there was no talking.

They walked into Maya's apartment and Maya collapsed on the couch, sighing. Chuckling, Lucas shut the door and sat on the couch at Maya's feet.

"Life is rough." Maya breathed.

"Yeah, but you know, you're going to be okay, right babe?" He grabbed Maya's shins and lifted her legs up slightly, sliding closer to her, then dropping her legs on top of his thighs.

"I guess." Maya shrugged and began to pick at her fingernails. Lucas rolled his eyes, leaned over, grabbing both of her hands with just one of his, and looked her straight in the eyes.

"How long have I been telling you to stop doing that?"

"Forever." Maya rolled her eyes, dropping her hands by her sides and sighing.

"How about... we go get a snack?" Lucas suggested. Maya groaned, but got up and headed to the kitchen, Lucas at her heels.

"We have nothing to eat." Maya sighed. She pushed herself up, onto the counter and ran her hand through her hair. She began swinging her feet, kicking the counter.

"I'm not even hungry, just bored."

"Why do we always come to my house?" Maya wondered.

"I dunno." Lucas shrugged. "I like it."

"Why?" Maya threw her head back in frustration, and when she picked her head up and looked straight again, Lucas was standing right infront of her in between her knees.

"Because you're always here." He said. Maya smiled and began swinging her feet, purposely hitting Lucas' legs.

"You're an idiot." Maya grinned, grabbing two fistfulls of Lucas' shirt collar, pulling his lips into hers. Lucas was completely in shock at first, this being only the second time ever that Maya had taken charge in such a way. His breath hitched in his throat the second she grabbed his shirt and connected their lips, but he grinned into the kiss.

As he usually does, Lucas grabbed her hips, rubbing his thumbs across her hip bones. Maya unclenched her fists, letting Lucas' collar go, slowly moving her hands down his chest and stomach. She fiddled with one of the buttons at the bottom of his dress shirt, causing Lucas to chuckled into their deepening kiss.

"Cheeky." Lucas grinned and pulled away long enough to comment, then reconnected his lips to Maya's smirking lips. Maya continued messing with his button up shirt until Lucas slipped his hands into hers. He intertwined their fingers for just a second before he ran his hands up her arms to her face, rubbing his thumb along her cheek bones.

The sound of keys jingling and the door knob turning filled the apartment causing the two to pull apart.

"Damnit." Maya mumbled under her breath, biting her lip and running her hand through her hair. Lucas grinned, chuckling a bit.

"You two are off school early."Katy commented, grabbing the bread out of the pantry.

"There's never much for seniors to do once graduation stuff starts."Maya informed her mother.

"I see." Ms. Hart smiled. She smushed her two slices of bread together once she finished spreading peanut butter on them, and smiled at Maya. "I'll see you tonight, baby girl."

"Bye, Mom." Maya shouted right before her mother shut the door and headed back to work.

"The women's got great timing." Maya rolled her eyes, hopping off the counter and walking into her room.

"Yeah, perfect timing." Lucas chuckled, following Maya into her room. She fell back onto her bed, slightly angry that her mother had come in at such an inconvenient time for her. "You're angry." Lucas stated.

"No." Maya drew out the word sarcastically, sitting up and looking to Lucas.

"I don't see why..." Lucas said, a touch of attraction in his voice. Maya rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"You're an idiot." Maya looked up to Lucas standing infront of her, and raised her eyebrows.

"So I've heard." He smirked. Lucas reached his hands out and Maya grabbed them, locking their fingers and sighing. Lucas smirked, placing his right knee on the bed, pushing Maya back and using his knee to keep from squishing her tiny body. "You forget we were in a kitchen before... and a bedroom now."

"Oh and I'm the cheeky one?" Maya squealed as Lucas placed a kiss on her jaw line, then continuing where they left off before being interupted. Lucas let go of Maya's hands, using one to grab her face and using the other to help keep himself hovering above her.

Lucas ran his thumb across Maya's cheek and brought his other knee up to rest on the bed. His legs on either side of her, Maya ran her fingers through his hair, gently tugging at his roots from time to time.

Lucas slowly moved away from Maya's lips, leaving kisses along her neck and collar bone. Maya giggled a little, biting her lip as she moved her hands down Lucas' back. She began running her thumbs along the top of the waistband of his pants, causing Lucas to shutter from the slow, gentle contact of their skin.

"Maya..." Lucas breathed, pulling up just enough to look at her face. Concern was spread across Lucas' face, not sure if Maya really knew what was happening. Though he looked concerned, his eyes were dark and full of passion and he was definitely well aware of what was happening with his body and between him and his girlfriend of five years. Maya rolled her eyes, biting her lip and looping her thumbs through the belt loops of Lucas' black dress pants.

"Shut up."