Harder Than We Thought

Trevor's POV
I answered Lamar's questions for another ten minutes or so. He stood up and put his hands on his head, springing around in surprise.

"Wait who else knows?" he asked once he had calmed down.

"No one. It's just been me and Britt," I explained, "so don't say anything to anybody. Cool?"

"Yeah," said Lamar, and he looked around still in shock.

"Anyways," I said standing up and checking my watch, "dinner?"

"Sure," said Lamar and he grabbed his wallet.

"Got the key?" I asked as I left the room and we headed down for dinner.

Brittany's POV
I sat at the table, next to Trevor on purpose as I thought I had to tell him Jordan now knew about us.

I kind of jumped into a seat before Lamar could but he oddly seemed unsurprised. I scooted into my seat and some of the cast headed straight for the buffet.

"I'll stay," I said indicating that whoever hadn't left, could.

"You sure?" said Myles.

"Yeah go ahead," I said nodding.

Trevor tried to stand up too but I stepped on his foot and tugged the leg of his pants.

"Umm," he said and I felt him looking down at me, "I'll stay and keep you company."

"You sure?" I asked falsely.

"Yeah I don't want you to sit alone," he said and sat back in his chair.

The others walked away and we finally looked at one another.

"What?" he said.

"I told Jordan," I said to him quietly.

"Told Jordan about what? About us?" he asked.

"Yeah. Sorry. I know we wanted to keep it a secret but it kind of came up and then I made her prom..." I babbled.

"No no no no," said Trevor waving a hand at me, "it's fine. I actually told someone too."

"Who?" I said smiling a grin of relief.

"Lamar," Trevor shrugged.

"Oh cool," I said, and sat back in my seat, "this is kind of going in the right direction then."

"Yeah," said Trevor stroking his hair down.

"So what's the plan? Is Lamar gonna say?" I asked.

"I told him not to, but if two already know, and it goes okay - then the others may as well find out. That would mean we wouldn't have to hide it...as much," he said.

'As much'. So pretty much as long as there was no fans, no cameras and no potential viewers then - cool.

I nodded and looked towards a family eating a few tables away, but I wasn't really watching them - just staring into nothingness.

Trevor's POV
I stared into the deep brown of Britt's eyes as she looked away into the distance at nothing in particular. It was crazy how much I was enjoying hanging out with her and being in this newly-decided relationship, when two weeks ago I may have laughed at the very idea.

Although other people might not have.

I thought back to Season 2 of The Next Step and I remembered something that I appeared to have forgotten for a long time.

Chloe Van Keekan proposed to answer fan questions on Twitter under the hashtag: #askChloe. I skimmed past her replies to Tweets in my news feed, however I remembered one in particular. When I read it at the time, I remember a slight confusion and a chuckle - but it didn't haunt my dreams or keep me up at night. Now however as I sat staring into Brittany's eyes, the tweet meant more than I had originally thought.