Lie

Laurent: "Bella."

Bella: "Laurent."

Laurent: "I didn't expect to find you here. I came to visit the Cullens, but the house was empty. I'm surprised they left you behind, aren't you some sort of a pet of theirs?"

Bella : "Yeah, you could say that."

Laurent: "Do the Cullens visit often?"

Edward (Bella's illusion): "Lie."

Bella: "Yeah, absolutely, all the time."'

Edward (Bella's illusion): "Lie better."

Bella: "I'll tell them you stopped by... I probably shouldn't tell ...Edward. Cause he's pretty protective."

Laurent: "But he's far away, isn't he?"

Bella: "Why are you here?"

Laurent: "I came as a favor to Victoria."

Bella: "Victoria?"

Laurent: "She asked me to see if you're still under the protection of the Cullens. Victoria feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. An eye for an eye..."

Edward (Bella's illusion): "Threaten him."

Bella: "Edward would know who did it, and he'd come after you"

Laurent: "I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him, if he left you here, unprotected?... Victoria won't be happy about my killing you. But I can't help myself. You are so mouth-watering"

Bella: "Please don't. I mean, you helped us!"

Laurent: "Don't be afraid, I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully, whereas I'll make it quick. I promise, you will feel nothing."

Bella: (eyes closed and resigned to the fact that she's going to die) "Edward, I love you."

Laurent: (upon seeing Sam's wolf pack emerge from the forest) "I don't believe it!"