Chapter [11]

[Harry Styles]
*

"Oh my God! What did we just do?" Addison screams with her hands yanking the stolen truck around unwillingly. I dodge under the roof of the truck as she speeds over a bump like a maniac. "You didn't kill him, did you? Oh Fuck!" She curses.

I squeeze my eyes shut from all the scattered words she's spilling. The boiling annoyance inside of me is growing as I try my best to not explode on the girl for the millionth time. The thumping of her heart could be felt throughout the racing interior of the front seat alone.

"Do you think Wally knew who we were this whole time!?" She spits out in panic. I take in a deep breath before finally spinning around in my seat to snatch the wheel from her hands.

Addison gives me a quick look of hopelessness and for a split second that strong headed girl that I instantly admired is gone.

I straighten out the front end of the truck from underneath her control, "Nah I think he just wanted to stab me because he saw Norman Bates do it in Psycho." I push out a mocking tone in my voice as she bats my hands away.

My arm is on fire and when I grab the wound, hot blood drenches my skin. I look down quickly, spotting the small open holes where that crazy old man stabbed me. There isn't anything I can do for it now. 

Addison blatantly ignores me and tries to fend me off her side. My knuckles tense around the rubber frame of the steering wheel. This girl is the most complicated thing I have ever encountered. In fact, more complicated than the situation we are in right now. She may be scared for the time being but her devilish attitude was never leaving, that's for sure.

"Hey, don't get all sarcastic on me now!" She fires back while slapping my hands away still. As she does so, we swerve to the side of the road just a bit. Loose gravel kicks up against the windshield and ricochets off the sides of the rustic truck. None of us have seat belts on and Addison is damn close to flipping this thing, "We don't have time to switch drivers Harry! The police could be behind us any minute now!" She argues as soon as she gets the truck all straightened out again. That wasn't good enough for me.

I pull away from the wheel and toss one of my black bags below my feet. The space between us has now cleared away.

"You're going to attract their bloody attention anyways if you don't slow down!" I state while leaning forward again to take the stick and shift her into neutral.

The car slows but not soon enough. Addison looks at me like I'm insane before knocking it back into drive. I notice her backpack over her back as she scoots forward against the wheel.

"Addison listen to me." She snaps her head around and glares forward through the windshield. Her knuckles clench even tighter around the steering wheel, "I'm going to scoot under you and we're going to switch spots." I try to tell her as calmly as possible.

"What?" She squeaks.

As I groan and lean my head back in pain I notice a beam of light zoom past. My attention is caught off guard and I turn to look behind us. Sure shit, we just passed a patrol officer while going far over the speed limit. Looks like this is going to be a high speed chase after all.

"Oh shit!" Addison yells into the rear view mirror as I immediately take the wheel from both her hands again.

"Now move!" I yell, hopefully for the last fucking time.

She looks at me with an uneasy expression but nods in understanding anyways. The sirens begin ringing out behind us as we continue to speed away without stopping. Addison lets go of the wheel and allow me to stick my foot underneath hers. I scoot across the seat with her lifted off onto my lap as she tries her best to squeeze underneath the wheel. The car slows but once she climbs over me completely I have full access to the driver's side. She finally collapses on the passenger side and clips herself into the seat belt's buckle. I do the same before pressing my bare heel into the pedal, racing the truck towards motorway speeds.