Chapter 1

I turned in bed and glanced out the window. A hot ray of sun beat down on my face and I put a hand over my eyes. I glanced at the clock beside my bed to see that it was nine a.m. I had no plans for today like yesterday and the day before, well, like my entire summer so far. It's a month in since summer vacation started, the exact midpoint of the longest vacation of the year. And here I was, being a lazy pig. I wouldn't be a lazy pig if I had plans but the problem was, I didn't. I contacted some friends, but they all had some excuse for not hanging out with me. I think everyone's avoiding me since I hooked up with Dean, because he started telling the entire school that he had sex with me, and now everyone thinks I'm a slut. It's not my fault that I wanted to get rid of my big Virgin reputation! Now I was stuck with being a slut.

Even my best friend, Jenny, ditched me.

I mean yeah, she helped me do my summer home work, and it's great that I finished it and all that, but she doesn't want to hang out with me anymore, and she's going to Miami next week. That lucky girl!
I was excited about this summer since I was a seventh grader, from going on road trips with my bffs, and making out with hot guys, or maybe even going to beaches and having a splashing fight with my awesome, cute, hot, sexy, sweet, imaginary boyfriend. I groaned. This. Is. The. Worst. Summer. Ever!!!!

Just then, my mom shouted to me.

"Romie?? I know you're awake, so go walk your dog!" I groaned, and slowly sat up. I didn't bother to change from my pajamas, I just put my messy morning hair up in a pony tail and shuffled my way to the living room. I fetched my dog's leash that was hanging on the door, and I latched it on to my dog's collar. I slipped into the first sandals I found, which were my mom's, and several sizes too big.

I stepped out, and the sun was hotter than through my window. I walked down my front yard, and walked slowly. My dog started peeing, and I paused a minute, staring out into the distance. She stopped peeing, so I checked if she left any crap before continuing to walk. I passed my neighbor's house, a huge house with beautiful gates with a FOR SALE sign hanging from it, another neighbor's house, and another house. I knew that a kid from our school lived there, but I wasn't quite sure who lived there. I was just passing by the front door of the house when someone stepped out of it. I stopped in my tracks.

There he was, Matt St. John, perhaps the hottest guy in our football team. I talked to him a few times during football games when I went to congratulate him, but it was only because I was a cheerleader. He smirked at me, and I suddenly felt very self-concious of myself. I was in my pj's, and I must've looked like shit. I smoothened out my shirt, and his smirk grew even more amuzed. Gosh, did I look that bad? Deciding that it was way too awkward if I didn't talk, I decided to open my mouth.

"Uhhm...Hi. I... didn't know you lived in the neighborhood." I said, and gave him a sly smile. His smirk was still plastered on his face, and I felt a bit annoyed by it.

"Apparently so," He said, nodding it off. Here I was, trying to make conversation, and he is not helping at all!!

"Did...you know I lived here?" I asked, and I wanted to slap myself. I sound like some self-conceited brat who's flirting with him! He let out a guffaw, and I scowled.

"What's so funny?" I asked, feeling more than a bit annoyed by this guy. He wasn't making such a good impression of himself. He snorted out another laugh before calming himself down.

"I don't know who you are!" He said, and my mouth opened up, forming an O shape. How rude! I was always cheering him on during the games, and sure I wasn't the cheer captain, but I'm constantly doing flips and stuff, and personally, I think I'm very popular. I stomped my foot against the ground, and corssed my arms over my chest.