My first scary battle

I was just nine when I fought my first creature. It was all because of my new gift from camp Half-Blood. I just found out my real father was Zeus the almighty king of the gods. I was excited and scared. If I grew up and took missions, if I failed what would he do to me. Well, I was following Christopher from the Hephaestus cabin through the camp to get to the weapon shack to get me a monster slaying weapon. Once we got there, there were a few people there picking out new weapons. "So this is it pick what ever weapon you'd like".I walk around muttering as a look at the weapons "swords to heavy, maces weigh you down, bows have to be far away and might run out of arrows, nun chucks is this a joke". Then I found the weapon, daggers, they come in a group of eight, six throwing dagger and two extra large ones for face to face combat. "Christopher I want those" I tell him "are you sure," he says "ya," I reply. I take them down clip the belt on me. "Aww to big..." I finish before the belt shrinks to my size. When I pull the two big ones out Christopher says "No you can't have those they are made of Stygian Iron it is the most powerful type of iron able to hurt mortals and mythical creatures and able trap the essence of the slain in the Tartarus longer and it only responds to children of Hades." After he finishes that the blades crackle with electricity and lightning crackles around all the blades like a force field. "Cool" I shout which causes everyone to look at me and their jaws drop. "Thanks Christopher," I say with that I skip happily out of the shack to look around camp. As I look into the woods I see a stone about two and a half feet tall and it was tan I go up to it that is when I realize it was an egg I'm about to carefully move it back to camp when I hear a screeching I look up to see an ugly bird woman diving at me shouting "DINNER" I quickly move out of the way as the beast lands she faces the egg "ooh I hit a double she goes for the egg first then I shout "OH NO YOU DON'T I FOUND IT FIRST," and with out thinking I threw two of my throwing daggers at her. They both hit her back "AAAAHHHHH" she screams and she gets electrocuted. She turns to face me pulls the daggers out of her back. She screams and charges. Ohhh no I think then instincts take over I side step at the last minute hook my free hand over her neck but get cut by her claws in the process swing on her back and bring the blade to her neck and shout "go to hell you ugly beast" and cut her neck open. The body dissolves to dust and I retrieve my daggers. As I get to the egg I'm about to push it to camp when Christopher and two of his friends come running. "Wh-what happened here," he asks "I had a battle with a bird woman" I reply "and found this egg can you help me?" Christopher and his friends drop their jaws. "Did she cut your arm" asks one "ya" I answer "go to Chiron he will fix it up while we get this to camp. When Jordan was out of sight Harley whistles "man you've got to keep an eye on him, he beat a harpy first time and is able to use Stygian Iron" "what ever let's haul this egg to camp" Percy replies. At camp Chiron mends my cuts with other healers. As I leave I see Christopher, Nyssa, and Harley coming to Chiron with the egg. I decide to go to my cabin and check it out. When I get there I look in amazement it was made of white marble and had a bronze door with a lightning bolt on it. I walk inside it was all plain the domed roof had paintings on it, there were a few golden eagle statues and one of Zeus at the back of the room. I walk out and go to Chiron and ask for a sleeping bag and he gives me one "oh and Jordan that egg you found was a griffin egg and since you found it you can keep it it will hatch in two days from now. I get to the cabin and lay the sleeping bag down. I was very lonely that time.