Battle Scars (Ch 1)

The loud ringing noise was drowned out by disoriented voices, cheering, booing, and screaming. Blood slowly drips out of the Commanders mouth as she once again stands, facing Roan. He towers over her, double her size and weight, but she feels no fear. Her battle clothes were covered in dirt and blood, and Roan had a cut on his chin and a bruise near his eye, he was bleeding badly. They both were physically weak, but mentally prepared for the following battle.

"Welcome back, Heda." Roan says with a twisted grin on his face, his fists bloody. The Commander touches her head with her finger tips, feeling warm liquid. She slowly smiles at her opponent, wiping his blood out of her eyes. She was about to charge him, when a voice stopped her in her tracks, Clarke.

"Lexa no!" Clarke yelled as she ran up to the guards, screaming at them to let her through.

"I have to do this Clarke," Lexa said without even looking. Lexa's voice was cold with slight, unwanted, warmness slipping through. "It's the only option left." Clarke was trying to push past the guards, but it was no use.

"Lexa!" Clarke's pleading screams were bouncing off of the arenas walls, slightly weakening Lexa. "He could kill you!" The Commander looks down at her shaky hands, covered with Roans blood and her own. She slowly looks up, remembering what she had done.

"I thought that you wanted me dead, Wanheda." Lexa said quietly, her voice uneven. "I'm only doing what you want."

"Enough chat, let us finish what you started Heda." Roan says, wiping his bloody mouth with his even bloodier hand, his icy eyes glaring at Lexa. The arena was chanting Jus dren, jus daun as the Commander knocks the prince down, her citizens giving her strength. She stands up, trying to catch her breath, when suddenly Roan jumps up and punches Lexa hard in her right eye, sending her staggering backwards.

"Lexa PLEASE!" Clarke cried, "You're wrong! I don't want this! Please.." Lexa looked up at Clarke, her vision was blurry, but she could tell Clarke apart from the others in a heart beat. The guards started to pull Clarke away, grunting as she struggled and twisted to get out of their grasp.

"...Let her pass..." The Commander gasped before she fell unconscious, hearing Roans laugh, Clarke's screams, and the uproar of her kingdom.