Four years

"Charlotte! Charlotte!" My aunt yelled from bottom of the stairs. Knowing that she would soon be  busting through my bedroom door I scurried to put away my chest of papers. I slipped into bed and pretended to be asleep.      
          "I know you're awake young lady!" My aunt Sherl shrieked.
        After a few seconds of silence the door broke open; I didn't flinch because it's the same routine every year. "Here comes the wonderful talk " I thought in my head.
      "Charlotte it's been four entire years since that old raggedy man died, you'd think you'd get over it!"she said as she shook her head with pity. "I just don't understand why you keep mourning and mourning each year it's the anniversary of his death, you didn't even cry when your own mother passed. You're such a shame to this family! Why'd my sister have to write my name down on that stupid piece of paper?" And with that said she walked out of my room.
            A small smile crept upon my face today was the day I would get to meet my cousin Glariera from Tuscany. My grandfather, also known as Mr. Willis told me she was moving here to Europe but she never showed. Everyday for two years, I'd wait outside after school for their arrival. It's been four years of loneliness, four years of re-reading the papers my grandfather left for me. I yearned for that companionship that he told me I would receive once she arrived. Today is the day I would finally get that.