Chapter One

"Hey, easy with that!" Susannah yelled at the driver as he dumped her luggage on the sidewalk. The cabbie grumbled as he got into his car and drove away, leaving her alone on the street.

Suzie checked the address again, making sure it was the right place. She picked up her bags and walked the short path leading up to the door. Buzzing the doorbell, Suzie looked around at her new place. Taking in her surroundings, with growing trepidation  she noticed immaculately manicured garden, the stone path in the middle of gorgeous flowers, which led to what looks like a back yard. Even the wrap around porch she was standing, made of shiny marble hinted at the opulence of the property. The place looked too luxurious for the amount of rent she was asked. Convinced that she had the wrong house, Suzie had just moved to pick up her bags when the door opened.

A blond woman, dressed in a blue skirt suit and shy high heels greeted her. "Hello? Can I help you?"

Looking at the immaculately dressed woman, Suzie was reminded of her own less than presentable look. "Hi, Is Tallulah Mackenzie here? Or I think I'm in the wrong place..." Her voice was uncertain as she looked at the house once again.

"I'm Tallulah. Do I know you?" The woman replied as she looked over Suzie with a curious gaze. 

So, she was at the right place. "Oh. I'm Susannah Michaels. We talked on the phone?" 

Tallulah's face brightened immediately as she rushed forward to hug her. Taken by suprise, Suzie awkwardly patted her back. "Hi! Welcome! We're all so excited to have a new housemate. Come on in, your boxes already arrived few days ago." She threw the doors wide open and motioned for Suzie to get inside.

Picking up her bags, she followed Tallulah inside her new home. They went up the staircase on to the first floor. Navigating through the hallways, they came to a stop in front of one of the many doors. Tallulah opened the door with a flourish. "Tada! This is your room."

Suzie entered her new room. It was quite spacious with a queen sized bed pushed against the wall, and a small table on its side. A large window which gave a wide view of the pool. Under the window was a cute recliner- coffee table set. She turned to find two doors which, presumably, were the closet and the bathroom.

Seeing the gorgeous room, Suzie was convinced she got the price wrong. "This is a great room, Tallulah -"

"You can call me Tally, everyone does."

"-Tally. And the house, it's amazing! But, uh, I think I got the rent wrong. I mean, it can't possibly be just 1500 euros a month for this place." She gestured to the obviously grand house.

Tally gave a small laugh. "It is. Yeah, the property is a bit lavish but I inherited it from my grandfather and the mortgage has already been paid off. Besides, between the seven of us, we'll be fine."

"Wait, seven?" Suzie was shocked for a moment. She didn't know she would be living with so many people. Perhaps I should have actually gotten all the information before moving in!

"Oh yeah! You can meet them all later." She was practically bouncing with excitement. "Do you want to get settled in or would you like a tour?"

Tired from her flight and needing some time to adjust to the new environment, Suzie decided to rest. Tally flashed her another smile before leaving her alone.

Suzie fell on the bed and sighed. She made it here. The first step, the moving to a completely new country, was complete. She made a quick call to her mother ,and texted Maddie, to let them know she'd arrived safely.

Unable to resist, she unpacked her laptop. With her heart in her throat, Suzie pulled up the website and logged in.

One new message.

There it was. Butterflies were causing up a storm in her stomach as she saw the message from Noah. With a delightful little scream, she closed her computer shut without reading and fell back on the pillow.

Fatigued from her journey, Suzie closed her eyes and fell asleep with a smile, knowing there was something excited waiting for her in her computer.