Chapter 3

((((((Rachael))))))

After Nikki left, Carter and I talked for hours. We didn't even bother going back to that hell hole. We talked about my feelings for him and his for me. Apparently he has liked me for a while now, he just didn't think I liked him. I texted Tyler and broke up with him. Carter and I decided we were gonna wait a little bit before going out. We want Nikki to cool off and we want to get to know each other better.

((((((Nikki)))))))

School was long from my mind as I drove to a local bar. I know the owners' son so I got to drink here. Carter and I broke up and I found out I have breast cancer all in the same day. Wow. I pull up and get out of my Chevy Silverado. When I walk in the bar I get a mixture of looks. Some are lustful and others are hateful. Its because I'm in the shorts and boots from earlier and now a thin black, loose crop top showing off my perfectly flat stomach.

I get to the bar and sit on a stool. I order a whiskey and slowly sip it. The door to the back room where most of the alcohol is stored opened and Tyler walked out.

"Nice to see you here." He smiles at me.

"Only cause you got dumped for Carter." I smile at him.

"Yeah that was fucked up." He grumbles.

"Tell me about it."

"Yeah, so why are you here? Last time you were here, you're mom passed..." He trailed awkwardly.

"I'm here because I broke up with Carter and found out I have breast cancer all in the same day. It's a lot to take in."

"Whoa, you've got breast cancer? Is it serious?"

"I'm not sure yet. Friday we are gonna run some tests to be absolute sure what is happening. So, before then, I'm getting drunk off my ass and I'm gonna fuck the hottest guy I know."

"But aren't Rachael and Carter together now?"

"I'm not talking about Carter. I'm talking about you."

"Oh..."

"Ty, good god I've wanted to be yours for a while now. I don't just want to get in your pants. I actually have feelings for you, and not like what I thought I felt for Carter. I really care about you and have for a while. And if I'm gonna die anytime soon, I want to die knowing you know how I really feel. Cause I'm not the easiest person to talk to sometimes... but I really really care about you. And only you." I was in tears by the time I finished my little speech.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to here those words..." As he said that he walked around the counter, picked me up, and headed outside for my truck. He put me in the passenger seat and grabbed my keys. He fired up the truck and took off down the road.

I thought he was gonna take me to my house but he drove by it and started to drive towards the old fair grounds.

"Ty, where are we going?"

"I'm taking you on a date. What did you think I was gonna do to you?"

"I don't know.... Its just, with Carter it was always sex. We never went on a real date now that I think about it..."

"Hey, hey, Nikki, I'm not Carter, and I'm not stupid. You deserve to be treated like more than a piece of meat."

"Okay...." I slowly nod as we pull onto the fair grounds.

The waterfall behind the grounds was very pretty with a sunset background and the lake underneath was breathtaking. Tyler and I sat in my truck for hours talking about everything and anything.

It soon got hot in the truck and I suggest swimming. Ty agrees like I knew he would and he got out the truck so I could put on the bikini I keep in my truck. I get out the truck and hand him some swim trunks I had in my truck.

We both dove into the lake and we were there forever. I didn't get home until three that morning. I was so exhausted. I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.