1

"NINA!!!!"

"Ohhh" I groan while I shoved my face into my pillow.

"NINA!!!!"

Thanks to Tia Lupe I never need to use an alarm clock.

My door swung open,
"Don't you hear her calling, u better get your ass up."

"Fine." I said yawning. Judging by the high pitched voice I could tell that was my cousin Andrea. I sat up in my bed half asleep half awake. It must be Sunday, Lupe always stresses out before 12:00 o'clock mass. Mostly because she has to get seven crazy ass kids into our our old ass Buick. I changed into a black t-shirt and some sweats, then headed downstairs. Lupe looked up from buttoning up my little cousin Ernesto's dress shirt, and said,

"I cannot believe you, we go through this every Sunday!"

"What?" I say as if I don't know what she's talking about.

"You cannot walk into the house of the lord wearing that shit!"

"But look!" I pulled my gold necklace of the Virgin Mary that I wore outward of my chest.

"Nina, I am in no fucking mood." She said sternly.

I rolled my eyes and ran back up the stairs.

"Nina! Don't you pull that shit with me!"

"Move!!" My cousins, Jose and Ricky said as they shoved past me. I turned and hit them both in the back of the head.

"Oww!!, Mama!!!"the yell in unison.

"Snitches!" I yell back.

I went to my room which was really more of a closet that my grandpa expanded for me when he was still alive. At least I had a window. I went through my drawer and pulled out my church dress. It was white with a bow at the waist, little ruffles on the shoulders, and that annoying ass scratchy material on the inside. I hate this dress. But I put it on anyway, after I changed Andrea came back in.

"Oh yeah that's fine, no need to knock, just come right in."

"Shut and let me do your hair."

"Fine" I sighed.

"I don't know why you insist on pissin' Lupe off all the time."

"Hey, it ain't my fault. That woman got anger issues."

"Can't deny that." she laughed. "What you think?" She said, pulling me to the hallway mirror.

"Ayy, Drea you know you the best stylist in the barrio."

"Your right! I really am." She said smiling at herself in the mirror. Andrea was my age but we have nothing in common. NOTHING. She likes pink I like red, she likes make up, I like basketball, she likes Aventura I like J.Cole. The list goes on.

"Come on, Mama's vein is poppin' out her head again!" Giggled Ernesto. Nesto's like the little brother I never had, he's the only person in this house who manages to not get on my  nerves, except for Manuelo but he don't bother no one he's either on the streets or in his room in the garage.

"Aight lets go before she kills us."
I laugh.

15 minutes later we arrive at Church.