Home/Brother Talk

I walked as fast as I could to my room and threw my bookbag across the room, it landed right next to my bed. 

My mom peeked around the corner about a minute later. "Any homework Beau?" I shook my head no. "Mom, it's the first day." "Well, honey, some schools are strict and give out homework every single day, even the first. You never know, and it's my duty to make sure you get it all done." I stifled a laugh, "Yeah, okay mom, your duty." She noticed that I almost laughed and shook her head, walking off, "Grow up fool."

Me and my mom do mess around a lot. We can call each other  names and know we're just messing around. It's actually pretty nice and fun. Just don't take it too far or i'll get my butt beat.

"Dinner should be ready in about an hour!" She called up to me. I called back okay and layed down. I tried to stay awake and in crawled my brother. He learned to crawl pretty quickly really. Which was great because I really didn't wanna hear my mom talk to him like a puppy or kitty again, repeating "Come here. Come here." over and over again. It got tiring. I smiled at him and waved. Although he probably had no idea what I was doing with my hand anyways so I quickly put it back down and watched him crawl around.

I made sure to get up and make him change course if he  went really close to the wall and wasn't paying attention or got close to something he should be away from. He eventually stopped and sat down. I went & sat in front of him. I looked him in his little greenish eyes and said, "Hello."

He did what looked like a smile but was probably just him swishing around his own spit in his mouth. "I had my first day of school today.  Y'know savor being small and being allowed to be childish. Growing up sucks. A lot. More than you think. You get hair and responsibilities. It sucks, big time. So stay small little man, stay small." 

Right after the last small my mom called for dinner. I picked up my little brother and smiled bringing him down stairs. "Dinner's on the table, i'll be in there soon." My mom called out from the kitchen. I took my brother into the dinner room and sat him in his highchair, lifted his plate up and put it in front of him. "Be careful."