Chapter 1: Memories of Long Lost

How I can put this into words is beyond me.

How I can hold onto these memories for so long makes me turn cold every single time I ponder over it.

Something so close to me could never leave my sight, alas such an event did occur.

It was the time where all I knew ended soon after it began.

They call me monster... abomination... villain... anarchist... lunatic...murderer... and destroyer. Through these things I have given no attention to them, they and their threats. Through these things I kept strong and resilient.

My integrity was strong.

My courage unwaverable.

My heart unbreakable.

My will unfathomable.

Yet, my mind ... broken.

I take no note of the days, weeks, months, or years that pass with each breath I take. For so long I have waited and for so long have I remained determined.

Cold are the tears that permanently stain my face. Cold is the air that I breathe. Cold is the determination that once was.

Out of the shadows I face there is only a single light I that I guard within my heart.

A single solem light within my emotionless world is what I see.

A single light that contains the warmth of a thousand suns.

A single light that contains the only memory worth keeping.

A single voice in the light.

She touched my face with such a comfort that I will never forget. Her eyes were beautiful and her smile so inspiring.

"Promise me Azureus. Promise me that in the final hour, when the only light turns to dark, when the final spark of hope dies out... Say to me 'I will never give up and I will never give in.' "

Tears glistened in her eyes as I looked into them for the last time. I didn't know what would happen after this, but I wouldn't leave her without an answer.

I wiped the tear from her eyes and just smiled.

These things I fought for and these things I will never let go.

Through all that they called me only one word they attribute me to for it is what they see me as.

Harbinger.

Through the years that I have been here a single name has crossed my mind.

"Nightshade."