Chapter 1

I woke up to random bursts of beeping. They seemed distant, but as I began to wake up from my sleep they became louder.

When my eyes finally opened, I realized I was in a bed. There was a needle stuck into my arm and a clip on my finger. I traced the cord from the clip up to a monitor. It turned out that's where the beeping was coming from.

I tried to call out to someone, anyone, but my voice wouldn't carry through. It cracked a bit and caused me to cough. Once again I tried to speak with more force, "hello?" I finally got to come out.

No response.

"Hello?" I called out once more.

A few minutes later, a lady with brown hair pulled back in a pony tail and a pink tie dyed shirt on came to my room. She looked confused at first and looked at a clipboard that was at the foot of the bed. "Avery Montgomery?"

"Who's that?" I questioned.

"Oh, this is bad," and with that she left the room.

A while later, she came back with a man in a thin white coat. His hair was thinning a bit, too.

"Hi?" I said to them.

"Hello, Miss Montgomery. I'm Dr. Nichols," the man said.

"Hello."

"Do you know where you are?"

"Well judging by the room, I'd say a hospital."

"Yes, good. Do you know what year it is?"

"No."

"Do you know what your name is?"

"Miss Montgomery?" I hesitantly answered.

"Well this isn't good," Dr. Nichols trailed off. He turned to the nurse, "call her parents and tell them their daughter has finally awoken."

She nodded her head and turned on her heels out the door.

Dr. Nichols turned his head back to me, "Nurse Hicks is notifying your parents that you're up finally. So they'll probably be here within the next approaching hours. In the meantime, there is a remote that goes to the tv up there," he pointed to a tv on the wall in the corner of the room, "for your enjoyment. I have to tend to other patients." He started to turn towards the door.

"Uhm, Doctor?" I said in a small voice.

"Yes?" He said turning his head to me.

"Can you at least tell me what my name actually is?"

He sighed, "your name is Avery Montgomery."

"Thank you."

And with that he was out the door and out of sight.

I looked around for the remote. It ended up being on the left side table. I clicked the red Power button and the TV turned on. A cartoon started playing. There were three little girls that were wearing almost the same dresses. The only exception was that one's striped dress was blue, black, blue and her hair was blonde and in pigtails, one's was pink, black, pink and her hair was orange with it up in a half ponytail and had a big red bow on the top of her head, and the last girl's was green, black, green and her hair was black and short. It looked like the show was just starting because the theme song was on. They were beating evil looking people up. I'm guessing they were superheroes? Eventually the name of the show popped up: The Powerpuff Girls.

The show started to play the episode finally. It started off with the three girls battling a black and green monkey in a blue dress suit and a cape. The girls were on top of steel bars that were put together, while the monkey was inside the car part of a crane.

"You'll never get away with this, Mojo Jo Jo!" The orange haired girl yelled to him as her and the other girls started flying to him.

"We'll see about that one, Blossom," Mojo Jo Jo called with a devilish grin.

Just like that a wrecking ball that was attached to the crane swung and smashed onto the blonde girl in the blue dress, forcing her to smash into in the concrete.

"BUBBLES!" Blossom and the boyish looking girl in green screamed and rushed over to her. They pushed the ball off of her.

Bubbles was laying there with her eyes closed. Both of the girls' faces went from concerned to angry in a matter of seconds. Then they rushed over to Mojo Jo Jo and kicked the crap out of him. After beating him to a pulp they went back over to Bubbles to tend to her.

"We better get her to the Professor," Blossom said.

Then the show cut to a room that was fit for a little girl. I'm guessing it was their room. Bubbles was in the middle of a bed just waking up.

"Wher-where am I?" She said looking around.

Blossom saw her and yelled, "PROFESSOR! BUBBLES IS UP!"

Just then a tall man with a lab coat came walking in with the unnamed girl. "Hello, Bubbles," he said.

"Who are you?"

"Well if this doesn't fit me right now, I don't know what does," I thought to myself as I continued to watch until I eventually fell asleep.

~~

I was awoken by a lady I hadn't seen before.

"Avery? Sweetie?" She asked while lightly shaking me.

My eyes opened and I looked at her confused, "who are you?"

She looked up at Dr. Nichols and another man confused and worried. Then turned back to me, "sweetheart, it's me. Mom," she said in a sweet voice.

"Mom..?"

"Yes. Do you not know who I am?"

"I'm sorry, but no."

She looked back up to the doctor. She looked like she was going to cry. The doctor motioned for who was apparently my mom and the man to follow him over to another part of the room. He started to speak quietly.

"We've came up with a diagnosis that she has memory loss," he started to say, thinking I couldn't hear him. "However we don't know whether it's temporary or long term. From what we can see, she's not going to know who or what anyone or anything is for awhile either way. So I recommend that you let her take it easy for now, and gradually tell her her surroundings, friends, and family."

The man was holding my mom in his arms as she cried. The man looked upset too and I knew I was the cause of it. I felt so guilty, but knew there was nothing I could do about it.

Soon the doctor was leaving the room and mom and the man were walking towards me. The man cleared his throat and all eyes were on him.

"Well I guess since you don't know who anyone is, I'm your dad," he said. I nodded.

"The doctor said that we can take you home now, just have to fill out some paperwork," Mom butted into the conversation. I nodded once again.

Looks like I'm going home, wherever that may be.