Misery Business

I was only 6 when he bent down to my level and smiled a forced smile. His eyes looked into mine; I noticed then that he had the same colored eyes as I did dark green.

I was crying. The question of why is he leaving, kept running though my mind.

"Daddy, don't go." He looked at me. I knew no matter what I said, he was going to leave. My mom put her hand on my shoulder and tried to pull me back and away from him. I broke free and wrapped my hands around his neck. My hot tears fell down my face. After a second he gave me a hug, I knew that that was him saying goodbye.

"Cora, I love you, I hope one day you will understand." He said I squeezed him tighter not wanting to let him go, not wanting him to leave, but I knew in the end he was going to leave. I cried the hardest I had ever cried, as he carefully unwrapped my hands from his neck. I tried to follow him as he walked out the door but my mom stopped me.

I watched him walk out the door, without looking back... The last thing I remember was the back of him. He was tall and slender, and he had short dark brown hair.

When my mom closed the front door, I ran to my room, and made myself remember him, because for some reason I knew I would not see him for a very long time. As I grew older I made myself remember him for a different reason, I knew I would never see him again.

~~~

11 years later:

I walked up to my victim; she was looking at a mirror in her locker, while putting a hair clip in her short blonde hair. I sighed and went over to her.

“Are you Georgia Belen?” I asked in a sweet voice. She looked at me with an expression of horror. It was nothing new; I am use to the way people look at me when I am doing my 'business' so to say…

“No, No, No!” She chanted over and over, I smiled when I realized she must know who I am. Great that means that more and more people are hearing about what I do... “He can’t be-“

“Georgia I am sorry to say this but your boyfriend, Seth wants to break up with you. He said it is effective immediately. He wants to not call him or text.” She shook her head and started to cry. I was so use to this; I hope she is not the kind that will make a scene.

“You’re a bitch! You know that! Getting paid to do the dirty work of others! Damn you!” She shouted, I sighed, and yep she is a scene maker. By all the people in the hall were staring at us, people were whispering back and forth about what I was doing and why Georgia was yelling at me.

“I am sorry.” I lied, because it was actually kind of fun for me to do this, if you are wondering what I am doing…I am getting paid to do what I do best, which is telling people basically that there boyfriend/girlfriend is wanting out of their relationship. I tend to do it when they are too scared of doing it themselves. It’s not hard to do, the only hard part is telling the people. Some get mad and walk off, and others make scenes, it varies from person to person.