Chapter I

" Allaina babe, come on. Let's have dinner, your brother is already waiting"

"Just a second, Ma..."

"I will call your Uncle Rufus after we eat, I'll ask what happen, okay?"

"Okay, Ma.I'll be right there."

"Alright, I will prepare the table."

"Yes, Ma."

I sighed and stood up from my seat.

"Haist... another promise..."
With one last look on our gate, I decided to go inside to join Mama and my brother.

★★

"Thanks, Rufus, I'll tell her."

I'm staring at my Mama while she is on the phone. I can tell that she is uncomfortable, by the way, she combs her hair, by her trembling hands and she can't even look at me.

"Okay...Thanks again, bye."

While she slowly put down the phone, I am staring at her intently, waiting for her to speak.

"Uhmm... Allaina, Papa was about to go home earlier, however... there has been an emergency -"

"Meeting."
I cut whatever alibi she is about to say and stand up.

"Goodnight Ma."
I whisper to her and kiss her goodnight.

"Sorry baby...Happy Birthday..."

I heard her whisper while I'm headed to my room.

★★★

"Hey! Hey! Ms. Williams, how was your birthday dinner?"
Chloe greeted me.

Chloe Roberts is my best friend since I can remember. I met her at the park near our townhall, while I was waiting for my Papa.
She was chubby back then and so cute! Not that I'm saying that she is not now!

She is absolutely beautiful.

Going back, she had long black hair in a pigtail, she was playing with her cousin, Damien.

Well, Damien is my best friend, too. I can tell you more about him later.

So back to this Chloe girl, she cut her hair short and dyed it with different colors almost every week.
She said she wants to wear it depending on her mood, whatever! Well right now, she dyed it with blazing red.

How I pity her hair!

"Fine," I replied.

I saw her frown with my answer.

"Hmm... don't tell me  Auntie Bethany dish is not good? " She asked.

"It's delicious," I answered

"Then... why the long face?" she asked again.

"Shut up, Chloe."
I sneer at her, and Chloe just smirks at me and take a seat in our place in the classroom.