Chapter 4

"Hey, Damien, what's up?"

He smiled at me and hand over me some donuts.

I muttered thanks and take a bit, then I look at him again. I saw him took a deep breath.

"I am going, Lainey-"

I forced to swallow the bite that I had and look at him.

"Go? where?" I asked.

"I'll be going to the university, in St Bernard." 

I look at him and put down what I am holding. I know he will have to leave sooner when we had our talk, I was silently preparing myself. I don't know but, it is hurting me.

"When?..." 

"Two days from now, I need to report to the council in St. Bernard," he stated not even looking at me.

"Well... I think that's good." he looked at me at what I said. I open his jeep's door and about to get off,

"I hope that you will enjoy college, Damien. Please don't go here, anymore. I don't want to see you go." I said and jump off and run towards our house.

"Lainey! Wait!" I heard him shout but I ignore him and run to my room.

"Oh! my stomach is aching like hell! Mama!" I heard Aaron whining in pain. I immediately go down to our living room and saw Mama and Aaron.

"What's wrong?" I touch his forehead and he is so hot, I mean warm.

"Ma? what is wrong with him? What did you eat?" I pulled him into my lap and caress his arm.

Mama is not panicking and that is a first for her, I'm eyeing her every move and I am quite surprised.

 "Hello, Rufus. Yes...It's Aaron." I hear Mama said. I can see Aaron crying in pain and his temperature is probably high rocket.

"Ma? aren't we going to bring him to the hospital?"  I asked her.

She just looked at me and continue talking over the phone.

"Okay we will wait for you then, please hurry up." she hanged up and go the kitchen and bring some icepack and place it to Aaron's face.

"Ma what are we waiting for? Let us go to the hospital." I said. 

I heard Aaron grunt in pain and embrace his abdomen, I can fairly hear a growl coming out from him but I ignored it, thinking its too much pain for him. 

"Let's wait for your Uncle Rufus, he knows what to do and your Papa will be home."

"I think this is an emergency Mama, please let's bring him to the hospital." I just finished my sentence when I heard a commotion outside our kitchen.

I saw Uncle Rufus, Uncle Tristan and Damien, emerge from our back door. Surprise was an understatement because they are all shirtless I locked eye with Damien. He walks towards me and sits in front of me and Aaron. He touched Aaron's forehead and chuckled and a hint of a smile on his lips.

My forehead creased and looked at Damien,

"Why are you smiling? this is serious!" I hissed at him. He just looked at me a smile like he knew something that I don't.

"Ma what are we going to do?" 

Uncle Rufus moves closer to us and lifts Aaron from me, I stand up and walks to Mama.

"You may follow after an hour, I believed Jacoeb will be here in less than an hour." Uncle Rufus said and walks towards our back door.

"Where are they taking Aaron," I asked Mama, while Uncle Rufus and Uncle Tristan walks away.

"They are going to take care of Aaron," Mama said and about to go upstairs.

"Mama?! I have nothing against them but they aren't doctors! They are businessmen!" I exclaimed and run my hand through my hair.

"Ma?!" I exclaimed at her, I felt a touch on my arm. Its Damien, I forgot about him, I thought he left along with his Dad and Uncle.

I looked at him, pained and scared.

"Babe, relax its gonna be okay." he hushed me and carefully hugged me. Somehow, his actions comfort me but I am still panicking.

I put my head on his bare shoulder and let him comfort me.

In less than an hour, Papa is already here, actually not here in our house. He went straight to Uncle Rufus house and Mama followed. I was left here in our house with Chloe, well Damien was here the whole time but he said that he will just need to take some clothes and he will sleep-over here as well.

I don't want to but deep inside I know I want to spend any possible minute with him.

I send some text messages to Mama, she said she can't answer my phone call so instead, I send a text message. Mama said that a family doctor is taking care of Aaron and everything is taken care of.

"Allaina, can we just order some pizza? I am dying for some pepperonis now." I heard Chloe, groaning from my bed.

I throw my phone on my bed,

"There ordered some, I want some meaty and veggies okay?" I said and sit in the armchair and look at the window in front of my study table.

"Chloe, do you already know..?" I asked.

"Huh?" I heard her said.

"Do you already know that Damien will leave? in two days?" I said and look at her, she is already sitting in my bed and looking at me. As if she is expecting me to ask this all along.

"Or you already knew?" I can hear the pain in my voice.

"Allaina, it's not like that-  Uhmm... I don't know how to explain it but, I already knew it. I am sorry I didn't mean to keep it from you."

I looked at her and hold my hands between my thigh, I felt a tear drops in it. I furiously wiped it and about to storm out of my room.

"Allaina! Wait! let me try to explain, even though I know its not my place to explain it to you."

"How can you say that? You are my bestfriend!" I screamed at her with my eyes full of tears.

"Allaina... I am sorry, you know that I will never hurt you. Listen to me, please."

"Listen to what? That you two are making fun of me? I thought its the three of us against the world! What happened to that?!" I said while crying. I felt Chloe hugged me,

"We both know that Damien is going right? I am still here, don't act as if you are losing everything. We can join him in two years time. Stop crying! if you don't stop crying  I will start believing that you are in love with that mutt." I heard Chloe said with a teasing sound.

I shove her shoulder a little but not enough to break our embrace. I smiled thinking that Damien might need to move but I still have this crazy girl, and I am starting to think it as well, why am I so hurt that Damien is going to move?

Is it possible that I am in love with Damien?