Chapter 1

Diamond's Pov | 2:06 pm

I comb my dark brown hair as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My tan skin is staring to turn pale since I haven't been out of my house in two days; not like I want to be outside anyways though.

I am currently getting ready to go out for lunch with my family. I'm partially going for the food and the fact that they want me to do more than just sit in my bed on my phone all day; they think I'm anti-social but in reality I'm just a normal 16 year old who doesn't dwell on the fun teenager life, but instead much rather be in bed watching re-runs of old shows with a bowl of chips on my lap.

"Diamond are you almost ready?" My mom says from outside the bathroom door."

"Yeah let me just put on some eyelashes and I'll be done."

"Put on some eyelashes?"

"Well I meant like to darken them with mascara."

"I didn't know you wore makeup?"

"I don't I just decided that I didn't want to look like a potato with hair today."

Me and my mom share a laugh before I hear her footsteps descend down the hallway.

About three minutes later I am out of the bathroom and downstairs waiting by the door so we can leave. The thing about my family is that they bug me if I'm ready or not but when I am finally ready, they aren't.

Joe's Sushi & Bar | 2:48 pm

After a long car ride of my parents singing to whatever's on the radio and my little brother constantly hitting me on the back of my head, we finally arrive for lunch at a new place that opened up in town.

We all get out of the car and enter the medium sized place that's filled with a diversity of faces.

"Gosh I hate being in crowded places." I silently groan to myself. I wish I could eat good food in peace instead of with forty other people.

"Diamond please not now, just let loose."

"How in the hell do you let loose at a sushi bar? Will the rice cause a jolt of excitement in my body?"

"Diamond you're a mess" my mom laughs as a waiter guides us to a table.

We all sit down and sadly I'm sitting next to my brother.

"Hey sis, wanna see if I could stuff five sushi rolls in my mouth? With Wasabi!"

"Why would I ever want to see that Elijah? You act like you're thirteen."

"I am thirteen."

"Go figures."

"Well anyways, It's nice that we're spending time together. As a family we're all too separate." My dad interrupts.

"Yeah" my brother and mom say simultaneously.

I stay silent as they continue to speak about things I could care less about; I could be asleep right now.

"Where in the hell is our waiter?" My brother says to me.

"I don't know, I'll go looking." I say but in reality I just want to get some fresh air, it's way too loud and warm in here. I make my way out of the booth and discreetly outside.

I intake the cold air as I look at the cloudy blue sky. My cheeks turn red from the harsh weather while my hands freeze.

"Shit it was just sunny earlier." I say already feeling a stuffy nose coming on.

"Yeah I agree." A sudden voice says from behind me. I jump in fright since I thought that I was the only one standing here.

I take a long look at the boy who looked around my age. He stares back weirdly which sort of intimidates me.

"Do you happen to have the time?"

"Uh yeah..." I trail off as I pull out my phone.

"It's 3:07."

"Alright thanks Diamond." He says before walking away into the cold streets.

"How did he know my name?" I say freaked out. I feel my heart skip a beat since I never met or seen him in my life.

-----------------

First chapter ❤🎉

Thanks for reading 💁