chapter 1

I was playing with Noah and Daniel in the garden when we heard a bloodcurdling scream from the woods nearby the house. After hearing the scream mom ran out of the house to see what had happened, she checked if we were alright, looked at the woods behind us and froze. When I turned around I saw a woman completely coverd in blood running towards us. Danial and Noah saw it too and were already runing towards the house. And of course it was me who had to stand still like a statue, giving the lady an eternity of time to reach me before I started running. Daniel and Noah we're yelling that I should run, mom tried to pull me away but there was a strange force that kept me nailed to the ground not even a truck would have been able to move me an inch. when there were only about 50 meters left between me and the bloody lady I came back to my senses. I started to run, except I didn't run towards the house I ran towards her. Every fiber in my body was telling me, no yelling that I should turn around, but I kept running. While I got closer to the lady I could also see her better, I saw something strange. She was pointing something at me something sharp I just couldn't see what it was, maybe a knive. And then it hit me, her arm was broken and her bone was sticking out. I would have puked while running but I didn't have the time because she stabbed me with it and then turned to dust.

That's all I remember because I fainted after that which I think is very normal after something like that happened. Actually now that I think about it, it's not normal I should have died, since she stabbed my chest with her surprisingly sharp bone.

Anyhow when I woke up, the house was silent, not the normal silent when everyone is just minding their own business and not making any noise. But dead silent,the sound of no one being home. Of course I was scared to death, imagine being a little girl at the age of 12 waking up after being stabbed and finding out you're alone. How could you not. I was sitting on the bed and didn't even move for hours until my stomach started to growl. I tried to ignore it at first but after some time the hunger was unbearable. So I did what a normal person in my situation would do. I got up to search for some food in the kitchen. My chest was still hurting but not as much as I thought it would. And obviously I was happy that the damage wasn't very big. But as a kid I didn't understand that it was out of the ordinary. After a few minutes I was standing in the kitchen holding a baseball bat, you know just in case, and started searching for something to eat. There were some groceries on the kitchen table so I made myself a fresh salad with some toast. Hence there were fresh groceries, mom and Noah shouldn't have been gone for too long and I didn't look at the calendar yet so I didn't realize I had been unconscious for the last two weeks.

After I was done eating, I did the dishes and went to the bathroom to wash myself. I brushed my teeth and stripped my clothes off. I looked in the mirror at myself. I saw a girl with brown eyes and huge dark cirkels under her eyes, with dark brown hair and bandage wrapped around her chest. At the time almost nothing about my appereance had changed I was still able to recognize myself. Man, that didn't last for long.
Anyway, I removed the bandage and saw a nasty wound staring back at me through the mirror. I tried to touch it and surprisingly it didn't hurt that much. After I was finished taking a shower I heard someone walking around in the house. I remember quickly taking the bat that I brought with me and sneaking out of the bathroom as quietly as possible. I opened the door to the attic and hid there. After a few minutes I heard hurried footsteps coming up the stairs and checking all the rooms. I supposed that the person was looking for me. The day that the lady attacked me came back to my mind, I remembered every single detail, how scared I was, the bone sticking out of her arm, her determined face to kill me, Daniel and Noah yelling and the worst, the look on my mother's face when she lost her grip on me because I started to run toward the lady.  After a while I heard a silent cursing and heard my moms voice. Carefully I opened the door, peeked my head out and asked quietly:" Mom is that you", I could barely hear myself but mom turned around came over to me and hugged me as tight as possible. "Oh darling why were you hiding there?", she asked me. And I told her that I was scared the lady, or someone else came to take me.

That's how it all started, years of hard training and the trouble of hormones of a teenage girl. It was hard, very hard but at least I was at home with my family. Now I'm sitting here on the cold hard ground. Thinking about if what I'm doing is right or not. It's not like I have a choice. I was litteraly pushed out of the door with a small bag and my weapons.