Chapter 5

We pulled up to the back of the hotel so we wouldn’t draw too much attention. Management had already brought our luggage up to our rooms and checked us in so we were able to go straight up. Liam came over with the room keys.

“So there are three rooms so we have to pair up.” I just stood by Liam. It went unsaid that I would room with him. Niall and Zayn decided to room together and Harry and Louis had paired up.

We walked into the hotel and made our way quickly to the elevator before we were seen. I looked at which button Liam had pressed. Floor 23. Yay! I liked the number 23. Before I knew it, Louis had run his hands over all the buttons so every single button was lit up.

“LOUIS!” Liam, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and I yelled. We were going to be stuck in this elevator forever.

“You better hope there are no fans staying in this hotel. If the elevator doors open up and they see us, we are done for.” Liam lectures Louis. Just at that moment, the doors opened up to a girl who looked like she was about 16 years old. She was on her phone and when she looked up, her eyes widened as she realized who was in front of her.

“Omi- you- your- One Dire- One Direction…” She started to hyperventilate and that’s when I noticed her 1D phone case. I quickly reached over to press the button to close the doors. She let out a piercing fangirl scream and I pressed the button harder. The boys screamed out of fear and right as she was about to jump in the elevator with us, the doors closed. The doors opened on the third floor and I pushed all the boys out of the elevator.

“Where are we going?” Niall asked as I pushed him out.

“We need to take the stairs. Who knows how many fangirls we’re going to run into thanks to a certain someone.” I glared at Louis who crossed his arms and shook his head.

“I was just trying to have some fun.” Screams started coming from the stairs nearby.

“Guys, we need to run. NOW!” I yelled. We bolted the opposite way from the stairs. Zayn saw a turn up ahead and pointed.

“There! Let’s go!” I stopped at the turn and looked back to see the door to the stairs swing open. I only saw four or five girls come out before someone grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I followed the arm and saw that it was Niall. He looked at me and smiled.

“Can’t have you getting trampled, now can we?” I giggled and squeezed his hand harder as we raced down the hallway to catch up with the boys.

“I think they went this way.” Niall pulled me down another hallway.

“You sure?” I didn’t see them anywhere up ahead. We slowed down to a walk and Niall intertwined our fingers together. His palm was warm and soft and his thumb traced small circles over my knuckle. It was really soothing.

“Nope.” He grinned.

“So was this a plan to get me alone?” I bit my lip.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Niall’s POV:

“So was this a plan to get me alone?” Peyton bit her lip and I almost groaned in frustration. She couldn’t bit her lip like that. I would die young if she kept doing that. I fought hard to keep my cool.

“Maybe. Is it working?” I pulled her closer to me so our foreheads were touching and our chests were pressed together. I could feel her heart beat pick up and I’m sure she could feel the same with me. I looked into her eyes which were greyer right now. I loved how they were constantly changing. Her eyes were mesmerizing and beautiful. SHE was beautiful.

I heard faint screaming in the distance and I closed my eyes in frustration. I love our fans, but they can have the worst timing.

“We should probably start running again.” I said.