Chapter One.

Vote if you enjoy it(:

Here you go:

Chapter One, Addictions.

Everything seemed quieter at night than it did in the day time. The cars ceased, as their drivers crawled into their beds, catching that slightest bit of tender sleep before the alarm clock went off the next morning. The birds in the trees climbed into their nests while the sun hid somewhere on the other side of the world.

Growing up I had never been afraid of the dark, always outside playing into the night. Ghost in the graveyard was one thing I never got over though. Tonight was different, though. I always walked this way to go home, the street lights guiding most of the way.

I crossed the threshold to an alley-way, nothing new that I noticed, and I continued on my way. Outside of this opening, I saw a medium sized duffel bag laying on the ground, scattered by the unknowing owner. Stooping, I took the bag, and looked it over.

It was slightly heavy, and seemed full of something. There was dust on it from being discarded onto the ground. The zipper I found on the side was partly broken, seeming to have been struggled with. I grazed my hand over it, beginning to tug on the small metal piece.

"Don't open that," A voice came from behind me, "He's not getting it, even if his girl toy sweet talks us."

My hand froze where I was. Suddenly, I was a little afraid of the darkness that surrounded me. Wishing I had something to light up the area that would give me some sort of advantage.

"I'll just be going now, then," I whispered. I rose my hands, and slowly stood up from my crouched position. Whoever this person was, I wanted to let them know I wasn't looking for a fight, or any sort of confrontation. They breathed lowly, scaring me even more.

"Oh, not going to even put up a fight? That's unusual for Liam's associates," The man drawled, seeming to be surprised I wanted nothing to do with him or the bag.

"I'm not one of his associates. I was just walking home," I spoke quietly. The man, still behind me chuckled.

"Oh, so just a bitch getting herself into trouble, eh?" He remarked, making me shudder internally.

"David!" The man called, his voice was turned to a ways down the alley-way.

"Yeah?" A 'David' called back in reply.

"Bring the kid up here, we need to check something," He grunted out, his voice still rough, "And you. Turn around."

Before I could get in any more trouble, I did as I was told. The man was quite taller than myself, and he had a slight muscular build to him. A shuffling could be heard a little in front of us, and then appeared another man with a younger boy in his arms.

"Do you know her?" The same man questioned to the younger boy. He lazily raised his head, and a sense of familiarization passed through me. The boy, I had seen him before. I guessed at school somewhere, maybe in one of my classes. \

"No," He stated, then looked at the man near me, "Why?"

"She was into the bag, I thought she was some recruit you had brought, trying to get the dope from us Scott-free,"

"I don't know her,"

"Wonderful. Then you don't care if we have our way with her, I suppose?" The man hinted, and fear traveled throughout my body.

"Does it matter what I say?" The younger boy replied.

"Not really, just thought I'd ask," The man said, humor laced into his words.

"I'll give you the money, let her and I go,"

"How is that fun for me?"

"You get money to go drink yourself away like the drunkard you are," The boy replied, arrogance slipping into his voice. He didn't seem phased by their comments.

"All of the money now," The man named 'David' hissed behind the boy, throwing him so he was free.

"Give me a minute," He smiled, seeming happy with the decision. He shuffled around in his pockets for a few seconds, after making eye contact with me. After a couple seconds, he looked back up at me, nodding.

"Go," He said, and I ran, grabbing the bag as I went. Hearing him at my side made me more abundantly run. I took off into the direction of my house, knowing that right now that would be the safest place I could be. The boy seemed to be right on my heels, and following me where I went.

"Ouch!" I yelped, and he pulled me into another dark inlet, and pulled me back against him. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest, breathing heavily from the sprint we had commenced.

His free hand wrapped around my mouth gently, silencing my whimpers. After a few minutes he let me go, and shoved me away.

"Give me the bag," He stated, holding out his hand.

"Take it," I said, throwing it to him. He caught it, looking suspiciously inside, "I didn't take anything."

He smirked, "Just making sure. Now, c'mon. You need to get home." He threw the bag over his shoulder and set off back into the streets.

"I can do it by myself," I complained, catching up to his side.

"Yeah, and really get hurt by them? I think not, " He stated, and kept on walking.

"Whatever," I said, but was secretly happy to not be left alone again that night.