The Morning.

Note: Please make sure to leave nice comments. It's my first book and I really want to make a sequel, but only if you guys like it. So show some ❤️ and support and tell me what u think! Enjoy! 👍😊
***
I grab a cup and pour some water into it. My mom stares at me while she is doing so.I roll my eyes and continue with the task I am doing. I hear the footsteps of my mom as she walks closer to me.

"You know that making tea in the kettle is much better than microwaving it." She says. I shrug and press the 3 minute timer on the microwave.

"You know that 3 minutes is way too hot, right? Try two. It's much better."

I shrug again, and start the timer. Mom turns the timer off before it's even reached 2 minutes and 50 seconds. She resets it to 2 minutes.

"Unless you want to burn your tongue, you should keep it moderately hot." She smiles before leaving the room.

When she is completely out of my sight, I reset the timer to 3 minutes. I like my tea extra hot. I wait and sit on one of the dining table chairs while I am waiting for my tea to warm up. I look out the window. I see trees swaying back and forth due to the wind, and birds chirping.

I hear the click-clack sound of someone's high heels. It must be my mom.

"Hmm, the timers still not done yet?" She looks at me with a suspicious look.

"Um, yeah, sometimes the microwave is too slow." I try to laugh it off.

"I don't know anyone who likes their tea the way you do." Mom says, putting on her necklace. I don't know why she looks so formal today.

The rest of the time before the microwave timer is done is spent in complete silence. We just stare at each other for the time being.

After the microwave makes that beep sound, signaling that it's done, I push the button to open it and steam goes everywhere. I don't mind the steam, really. I think it's very relaxing when it's steamy- it's hot, nice, and fresh.
I open the drawer and grab one of the spoons and wash it before putting it in my cup to mix the tea. I put the spoon on the kitchen counter without washing, and grab toast that just popped out of the toaster machine and walk up to my room.

"You don't bother to put any sugar in your tea? Honey, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing.'' I mumble. There's nothing wrong with me at all. At least that's what I think. I sigh and go up to my room, closing the door behind me. I set my tea on one of my drawers, and eat my toast while opening my laptop and checking my emails.

One of my emails is from the school. I roll my eyes as I start to read it. It's something about welcoming me and how they are so excited to see me on the first day of 7th grade. I'm not excited to see them. I check my other emails, and sigh. I close my laptop and take a sip of my tea, which has cooled down quite a bit, but is still really warm. I look at the mirror, and then focus my eyes on the clock. It's 7:00 am. I have to get ready for school.

In an attempt not to be late for school, I quickly consume the rest of my toast and drink more of my tea, which slightly burns, but I don't care. I open my closet to see what is there, and choose out the most causal pieces of clothing I could find. I'm sick and tired of dressing up for the first day of school, like most of the girls are going to be doing today.