Chapter 2

Okay,so I made a mistake updating the previous Chapter 2,that one was just a draft.I'm so sorry about that. I'm new at all this so...
Anyway so here it is...the original Chapter 2.

"Hello, Ellianne." Judy stood a few feet away from where I was crouched on my bed,her briefcase dangling from her fingers,reaching almost to her calves.I looked up from staring at my toes,meeting her eyes. She smiled wistfully,tilting her head slightly. She gestured toward the metal chair at the foot of my bed, put there only minutes ago by Kellianne, another one of the staff.
"May I? " she asked politely. I nodded curtly,gripping Adam tightly as she sat. Adam was my teddybear, given to me by one of mommy's friends,Sam. Sam was the only one of mommy's friends that I liked.
"So," Judy crossed her legs,smiling at me again. She smiled too much.
"You know that they're replacing me,right?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow. I nodded again, my hair bouncing against my back,shoulders and cheeks as I did. She pulled out her notebook and pen from her briefcase.
"Do you know why? "
I hated when she asked too many questions,especially ones I didn't know the answer to. I shook my head,looking down at her feet as she tapped the sole of her shoe against the tile floor. Mommy had always said that you could tell a lot about a person from their footwear. She once taught me how to determine someone's personality by their shoes and I got really good at it.
"Come on ,Ellianne, talk to me."
"Its Liah, "I squeaked and Judy sighed.
"Okay. Liah. Do you have any idea as to why I'm being replaced? " she asked again.
"Because I'm not getting better. "I guessed. She nodded slightly,jotting down something in her notebook.
"Okay. And how do you feel about that?"
I eyed her through my thick curtain of hair, stroking the top of Adam's head and lifted my shoulders.
"Its my last day here,Ellianne. Is there anything you'd like to tell me...anything you'd like me to know about? "
"No." I pulled Adam closer to my chest.
She tapped her pen against the chair.
"Will you miss me? " she prompted.  I wanted to tell her yes,that I would miss her dearly,that she was quickly making her way onto that very short list of people I trusted,but I couldn't. I couldn't drag more people into my heart and into the mess that was my life, only to make them all disappear. So I said nothing. I just stared at her until she was forced to look away. We were silent while she wrote something else in her notebook.
"Are you ready to tell me about your mother? Since I'll be gone soon,I mean?"she asked.
"No." She couldn't know about mommy. No one could.
She sighed.
"Okay. Your new therapist will be here on Tuesday. He's caucasian, his name's Mark and he's 27. " she studied me,gauging my reaction. I shrugged and fiddled with Adam's eye. He'd lost the other one and a small portion of his guts over the years. He'd been through a lot.
"How do you feel about that?"
I shrugged again and Judy's shoulders drooped. Poor Judy. I was probably giving her grey hairs if she didn't already have them. She put her notebook and pen back into her briefcase and stood. I followed her with my eyes as she did.
"I'm leaving now, Ellianne. I just want to let you know that I don't think you're crazy, just misunderstood. I'll visit when and if I can. Work with your new therapist. Help him help you. " 
And with those words, Judy left my cell,offering me a brief wave and a tiny smile as she went. For a long while,I just stared at the door she left through, feeling sorry for myself. Because Judy got to go home,to the outside world while I was stuck here. Alone.

Please vote,comment and share. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks!
#Kay Kay