CHAPTER 8

Kaitlyn's P.O.V
When I was on Earth, everything was great. I spent time with my family, and me and my family were happy, and we got to see each other all the time, but things started happening. The sun was about to die. Scientists searched everywhere in the solar system to find a new sun and did. It's blue this time, and the scientists decided to find the planet that's close to the sun. Not too close, but as close as Earth was.
They finally found the planet, Nitron, and we decided to fly there. Each continent decided to build a huge rocket ship to carry them off to Nitron. But the reason why things went a little bad for me, is because I lost my mom when we crash landed. My dad and I survived, but mom didn't.
Griffyn and I decided to camp out for the night. I grabbed some wood, and Griffyn got the fire started. I sat by the fire to warm up with Griffyn sitting beside me.
"Day two tomorrow." Griffyn muttered.
He buried his face into his arms with his legs up. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"It will be fine." I reassured him.
He picked his head up and glanced at me, and he smiled a small smile. The fire cracked and popped.
"So." Griffyn started. "Why did you humans get here, anyway?"
"Our sun was dying. Without our sun, we wouldn't be living anymore. The sun powers our planet so we can live. It provides energy for us." I explained.
"I'm glad you came." Griffyn told me. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have met a nice, pretty girl like you."
I blushed but hid it. "Thank you." Then I glanced at him smiling.
A half howl and half growl sounded, and I jumped a little. Griffyn chuckled.
"It's ok. It's just a Dolf. They're half wolf, half deer. They won't harm you." Griffyn comforted.
I smiled. And then I chuckled a little because of the name and how the animal is mashed up.
"What?" Griffyn said with a little chuckle.
"Deer and wolves don't go well together. A wolf at our planet is a carnivore, and the deer is a herbivore. They don't mix."
"They're not mashed up together at your planet?" Griffyn asked.
"Nope." I replied. "They are full blooded."
"Now that will be weird to me. I never have seen any full blooded animals here in my life."
"And I've never seen any animals that are mashed up together like that in my life." I said with a laugh.
Griffyn and I smiled at each other, and then we looked at the fire again.
"So how are you a griffin shifter?" I asked turning toward him.
"I don't know. I never thought about that." He said looking into the fire blankly.
I nodded and turned back to the fire. He glanced at me and said, "Lets get some sleep. We got a long day tomorrow."
We laid down in the dirt a little ways from the fire and from each other. The sound of the Dolf was a little soothing now because I was told it won't harm me. I slowly closed me eyes and drifted off.