Three

Dominique went to her class with confusion in her mind, there was no one else other than Lora and herself knows about her nightmares. In fact, Lora only knows that Dominique was having nightmares, nothing else. So, how did Alexis know? Or maybe she didn’t know, she was just bluffing.

‘Turn to page 178.’ Miss Edwards, Dominique’s history teacher said with her usual enthused smile. Although History itself was boring for Dominique but Miss Edwards has never failed to make it interesting.

‘Okay, do see the photo of the painting of the handsome man?’ Miss Edwards asked. Everyone else nodded but Dominique could only stare at the picture. She couldn’t believe her eyes. The man in the photo is the man that was in all her nightmares. Every single one of them, there was this one man that stood there, watching. She could never forget how he looks like, even though right now, she was just staring at the portrait of that man. The same long light brown hair tied up in a loose tail, his eyes were as piercing as the star lights, it was pure gold in color, glowing beautifully yet deadly, the way he looked at her in her dreams was always the same. It was the same emotionless look he gave her. But always, there would be blood everywhere around him.

‘He was known as Lord of Fear, but in actual fact, he was a Prince. He was a Prince of the English Vampire Kingdom before it was united. Actually, he was the one that initiated the unity of the whole Vampire race.’ Miss Edwards said. ‘What was his name?’ Dominique asked as she could not find his name in the book at all. ‘Ahh, good question, Your Highness. Due to a certain circumstances, his name was kept as a secret.’ Miss Edwards answered. Latricia, one of the popular Noble in the academy ask, ‘So why are we learning this?’ She asked it with an annoying tone that Dominique couldn’t stand. Latricia was the only one in the academy that wanted to challenge Dominique openly, that is just because she was related to the Royals making her blood closer to Dominique’s.

‘Well, that is because he is the childhood horror stories your parents tell you about.’ Miss Edwards said. The whole class went into silence. So he was the Deadly Prince that kills mercilessly, but how can it be true if he was the one that initiated the unity? ‘Yes, he is the Deadly Prince. Do you guys want to know more or are you too afraid?’ She asked tauntingly. A few of the students swallowed hard but Dominique couldn’t help herself shiver with an odd excitement. She couldn’t understand it well. ‘Please don’t tell us to go back and read it.’ She begged. Miss Edwards smirk at her. ‘Is that an order?’ Miss Edwards asked. ‘If I have to.’ Dominique said as she replies with a sly smile on her face.

‘Well, I have no choice now, do I?’ Miss Edwards reply. The other students were all in silence. Dominique could feel that the others were all interested as well. ‘He was born as a royal but not a common one. Unlike the other Royals, he was special. As you all know, Royals has abilities other than inhuman strength and speed. There are abilities like telekinesis, reading mind, compulsion and etc. Well, he does have powers, except his power is the same as one of the Origins. No one knows what exactly was it, because anyone that knew about it had been either killed or died by an accident. Even so, he was a prince with much pride and every woman in the world wanted to be with him. But then, there was still war between continent vampires. It was said that he decided to protect those he loves, but in order to do so, he had to unite the different continental vampires as one.’

‘Of cause, it wasn’t an easy task to do. Everyone around him said that it was impossible because the hatred between the clans was too heavy, yet, somehow, he did it. It was kind of weird because despite all the denial that he got from the ones that looked down on him, there were still people that were drawn to him. As years pass, he soon managed to gather over a thousand high clans under him. Then, The Great King appeared. He too had wished to have the entire Vampire world united but he did not agree on the way on the Prince’s doing.’ She said with much admiration. Somehow, it sounded significantly fishy to Dominique. It was like Miss Edwards was talking through experience.