Chapter 1

It was a normal Monday afternoon. Abbie Smith had just gotten off of the loud school bus and headed down the dirt path with trees on one side and corn on the other. It was sunny out and there was a slight breeze. At this time of year, the corn had been planted and the stalks reached up to Abbie's shoulders.  The path seemed to stretch on and on. Abbie didn't seem to care though. She was used to a long walk and kind of enjoyed it. It gave her time to reflect on her day at school. Today had been a good day. She took a few tests she felt confident about and He acknowledged her. He was the only guy she ever really thought about.

 His name was Alex. She'd known him since kindergarten. Almost everyone in Corn town had known each other at such a young age. The thing was, Abbie had feelings for him since kindergarten. He was tall and lean. He had blue eyes and dark full eyebrows pointing down towards the bridge of his nose, giving him what looked to be a permanent scowl. He had short dirty blond hair that was almost considered brown. He had blue eyes that Abbie had always thought about. Abbie on the other hand, had light brown hair that brushed against her shoulders that she always wore with a middle part. She had blue eyes that were always framed with red glasses. She had fuller cheeks and her face looked warm and inviting, almost the opposite of her crush. 

She adjusted her glasses and kept walking, thinking of what had happened in class. Alex was leaning back in his desk with one of his legs outstretched in the isle. She was walking back to her desk, trying not to stare at him. She was distracted  and before she could think, she had tripped over Alex's foot and fell down on her butt. She felt so embarrassed and angry,but when she heard a familiar voice say "I'm sorry"and saw Alex offering his hand to help her up, her mood completely changed. She took his hand and he helped her up. She muttered the words "thanks" and went back to her desk trying to hide her blushing face.

Snapping out of her daydream, she realized that she had just passed her house. She turned around and walked back to her house. She opened the door and walked inside, throwing her backpack on the kitchen table and starting on her homework.