Chapter 2

It was a dark Tuesday morning. Abbie had dragged her self out of bed and out of the house. She grabbed an umbrella on her way out the door. A few steps out of the house and it was already sprinkling. She opened up her umbrella and continued down the dirt path. She yawned and thought about the day she had ahead of her. She had a math test and it was running day in p.e. The day seemed to be bad day. Abbie thought about walking back home and telling her mom she threw up on her way to the bus. She then remembered what had happened in English class. She had tripped over Alex's foot. She knew she wouldn't be as lucky today, but that was enough to get her on the bus. She waited on the end of the dirt path, next to an actual paved road and waited. Two minutes later the yellow empty bus showed up. She was the first stop since she was so far out in the country. 

She closed her umbrella and walked to the back of the bus. She took a seat and pulled a book out of her book and started to read. At first, she could hear the rain hitting the bus window, and it was calming. As the bus picked up more kids, the bus filled with voices and the calming sound of the rain disappeared. When the noise of so many people talking was too much to keep her from concentrating on her book, she stared out the window and looked at the rain hit the window. She wasn't that outgoing and didn't have any one on the bus she felt like talking to.

Eventually, the bus pulled into the school. Once off the bus, she headed to her locker. After opening the locker, she put away her backpack and took a binder, a pencil bag and the book she had been reading on the bus. She headed to her first class, math. She was confident about her math test. She made her way into the class room. Finally, once again had she had some peace and quiet, she opened her book again.

The math test had been a breeze and once the bell rang, she went to her second class, English. Her stomach sank but she was exited all at the same time. She debated whether saying hi or striking up a conversation but when she got into English, she went straight to her desk and shoved her nose in her book. Occasionally she  glanced up to take a peak at the beauty only a few seats in front of her. Once the bell rang, the teacher made her way up to the front of the class and said that they were going to do group projects,which to the teacher meant partners. The teacher started calling out the pairs of students that would be working together. Somehow, Abbie felt slightly sick, as if she somehow she  knew who she would get paired up with it.