Chapter One

--Karkat's POV--

NO. There is NO WAY that I have flushed feelings for a human. Especially not one in a universe I created.

Why do I bring this up? Because... He did. And he said we were friends.

Him and I. And the other guy, too. We were all some wierd form of "friends" in his universe. Or whatever the connection is in Paradox Space.

But when I mentioned the fact that I though he could fill one of my quadrants, he said something stupid. Something along the lines of "I'm not a homosexual." Geez, I can't even believe that humans have a word for that. Isn't it like, the same thing? Or...

Jeagus, why am I still dewlling on it?

That was a long time ago. Now, we're on a meteor that's headed for another universe. I'll go see what Dave needs. He's been whining his shitty ass off about something that has to do with John and being his... Matesprit? Kismesis?

--Dave's POV--

I yell for Karkat once again, and lie back on my bed. Fuck that asshole. He needs to get his shit together anyways. He's a lonely alien boy who happens to be somewhat cuter than most other alien boys. I'm thinking that just because it's ironic.

The door opens "What do you want, asshole?" yells a familiar voice.

Karkat! "Yo, close the door. It's cold out there."

"What did you even want?" Karkat yells, closing the door behind him. "I'm very busy."

"Chill out dude, we're here without duties until we get to the new universe or whatever. Why not make the most of it?"

"That was oddly philisophical of you"

"I know dude, but really, I have shit I need to get off my shoulders."

Karkat shrugs. "It's not like im the kind of guy to go around telling everyone your personal shit."

I shift my body as he sits at the edge of the bed. "So since John's been here, things have been... Different. He's not the same dorky, stupid boy I was dating four years ago." I pause, not sure if I want to go on. "I still love him, but I just dont know. Mabe there's something you trolls do that could bring us back together?"

--Karkat's POV--

Dave is asking me for love advice? I mean, I've already given it to him. If he wants to fill someone's Matesprit quadrant, he needs to... Well, I'm sure he remembers.

"Hey, this seems like you two might need an auspistisism. And, god forbid, a mediator."

Dave looks at me, and I'm only able to see his eyes for a split second. "Karkat, you know I don't understand that troll romance shit. It's all garbage to me." His eyes are red.

He's a mutant, too.

"Karkat? You seem surprised. Fuck, what did I do this time? Karkat, dude." I snap from my shitty trance and try to find words. Dave backs up to the wall and starts messing with that stupid puppet.

"Dave, don't be ashamed of your eyes." I say. Standing in front of him.

"Why do you say that?" Dave says, casting Lil Cal to the side.

"Just because you eyes are red doesn't mean you should hide them. I mean, why?" I say as I look down into his eyes, trying to get a closer look. I grab his shirt to steady myself.

His comeback is quick. "Then why hide your blood, if my mutation is nothing to be ashamed of?"

I'm in awe. "Is this another one of your stupid, ironic, rhetorical quest-" I'm cut off by his hand reaching up to his face.

"If you want me to, I'll take them off for you." He pulls the shades away from his eyes.

I am certanly awestruck. To avoid awkwardness, I lean down, closing my eyes as I place my lips onto his, slowly and gentle as possible.

He accepts.

--Dave's POV--

I was so expecting this. Karkat's the kind of guy that would do that. Anyways, I kiss back because... I supose it's ironic. But I like the way he feels against my lips. So I kiss back, I guess.

His arms wrap around my back as I intertwine my legs in his.

He never pulls away.

When I lick his lips, he opens his mouth. I can feel his crotch pulsating. I have no clue what a troll boner is, but I feel like this is what that is. Anyways, I slide my tounge into his mouth as I pull his hips onto me with my legs.

--Karkat's POV--

There is no way I could have predicted this. I am kissing a guy who alredy has a fucking Matesprit, but I have a lust to be... Something human to him. And John. At the same time, I want to be the same thing to both of them.

When I feel his god damn boner, I try not to be too wierded out about it. Human anatomy is odd.

I take his arms up and put them above his head as I lightly grind onto his bulge. He makes a small noise into my mouth as I continue to kiss him. It's not a flushed feeling, or even a caliginous one. In fact, the feeling isn't even in a quadrant.

But I still want John.

I break away, and Dave stares at me, his red eyes gleaming. "Dude. We have to do that again. But like, with John here."

I'm still silent. What is this lust? The lust for two people all at once? "I need a moment to think. A moment meaning a few days. Maybe an entire fucking week. Bye, Dave."

I slam the door behind me as Terezi walks into my path. Shit.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" she says, her voice scratchy and condescending. "Might it be... Confusion?"

I sigh. "Fuck off, Terezi."

The blind girl giggles. "It seems we do. What might be the trouble, dear leader?"

"Nothing, just some stupid human shit I have to deal with. No sweat."

"Karkat, you're BO is clogging my nasal cavities. Calm down and guve me the scoop!"

--Dave's POV--

Yeah, I kissed him. And I may have enjoyed it. But... I still love John, and I still think we can be together. Maybe I just need another solution.