Chapter 28

Louis' POV

"She's in a coma" Harry told Liam. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I move from Harry and to the edge of Allison's bed. She's laying there still as stone, yet warm and soft to the touch. Her breathing is steady and the bandages on her wrists are from the stitches she got from cutting herself. Why did she do this? She seemed so fine. I think and a hand rests on my shoulder. I turn to see Niall, looking sad and upset. The look on his face shows what he is thinking.

"Nialler it's not your fault." I say, my voice sounding scratchy. He looks at the floor and Zayn walks over and hugs him. 

"Ni, none of this is your fault. None of us were there." Zayn says as Liam walks back into the room. I never noticed he left.

"I just got off the phone with Paul and Andy, explaining what happened... They are on their way here..." He says, trailing off. It was only halfway through the week and they were coming back.

"Our vacation is ending early?" Harry asks, and Liam nods. All the lads look at the floor and Liam walks over and sits on the edge of the bed, next to me. I look back at Allison's peaceful face and tears sting my eyes.

"Everything is going to work out Boobear. She will wake up." He says. The doctor walks in at that moment and looks at everyone's sad faces.

"We have some good news and bad news." He says. I'm the first to look at him, then Liam, followed by the rest of the lads.

"What's the good news?" Liam asks. The doctor looks directly at him.

"The good news is that she is perfectly fine and healthy." He says.

"And the bad news?" Zayn presses.

"The bad news is she might not wake up for three to six weeks." Three to six weeks!  My mouth drops. Everyone else looks shocked and upset.

"I should call Andy......" Liam says, leaving the room. The doctor leaves and the lads, one by one, look towards me. I sit on the edge of the bed in shock as I look down at Allison.

"I won't be able to see her before we leave...." I whisper as Niall, Harry and Zayn walk over. Niall pulls me into a Horan hug. Zayn and Harry join in as Liam walks in the room. He looks at Allison, then our group hug and joins in.

"It's going to be okay Lou. Promise." Zayn says as we pull apart. I look over at Liam.

"They will be here in a couple days. I talked to the doctor and he said they would do everything in their power to have her wake up." He says. I look over to Allison as Niall's stomach growls. He looks at me apologetic and I smile half-heartedly.

"Go get something to eat mate. You and the others." I say and take Allison's hand.

"Do you want anything?" Asks Harry. He looks disappointed when I shake my head and leads the others down to the cafeteria. Liam sits next to me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"She will wake up soon mate." He says. I sigh.

"What if she doesn't remember us? Or anything? What if..." I start to say, but Liam cuts me off.

"She will wake up just fine. Now talk to her. The doctors say they can hear you. She will remember us, and you." We hug and he stands up.

"Now I'm going to make sure Niall doesn't eat the entire stock they have here. You sure you're okay here alone?" He asks, sounding concerned. He is really taking his job seriously. I nod.

'I'm sure I'll be fine." I smile slightly. He smiles.

"You know where to find us." He says and leaves. I look back at Allison. I kiss her lightly on the lips.