Chapter 4: Pressure

Sorry for the long wait, but here is the chapter now!

_______________
_______________
_______________

As the two of you reached the top, you removed your sandals and stretched your legs out, sighing. You figured that Rogue would look at you in question,s o you just explained everything.

"Since I can't see anything, my other senses are better than average. I feel magic best with my feet. Magic of all elements and natures travels in the ground," you explained. Rogue hummed in understanding, and you continued.

"I can also sense magic pressure. I can sense when magic is nearby, and whether one's magic is dangerous. Like for you, currently your magic is neutral. I know you might not like to hear this, but everyone, inlcuding you are driven by emotions. Your emotions controls your magic. So like Natsu for example, when he's driven by determination and his feelings for his comrades, his magic pressure rises, and hence he becomes stronger." Your tone grew more cautious, knowing that Rogue would not like hearing from a mere blind girl that even he is driven by emotions.

Instantly, you felt the magic pressure around him rise. You remained calm and collected,making sure not to infuriate him any further. After a moment, the magic pressure turned neutral again as you heard a sigh coming from him.

The cheering of the crowd brought your attention back to the event, and your face brightened as Erza was annouced winner of the Pandemoniom, being the one to defeat all 100 demons. You clapped happily with a small giggle, and you felt Rogue's amused look on you. Your face flushed slightly as you looked at him.

"W-What? I'm still supporting Fairy Tail, okay?" You grumbled. Rogue chuckled inwardly but then frowned as you started saying about how badass and cool Erza was. He suddenly felt like wanting to go out there to show that he's strong too, damn it. He then realised that he was straying away from his original goal. He came to Crocus just to fight Gajeel, he reminded himself. He can't let something like this distract him.

You gasped and froze as you suddenly felt a tremendous amount of magic coming from behind. The pressure was dangerously high. Rogue seemed to sense the danger as well. He spun around and used his cape to cover you as he made sure you were well hidden behind him.

"Sting, what are you doing here?" you heard the raven-haired male speak. His tone was cold and dangerous, as how a mage of Sabertooth should be. You felt the magic pressure from Rogue rising as well, and you trembled slightly.

"That's my question, Rogue. Why are you hanging around that little fairy again?! You're a mage of Sabertooth, damn it! You're the Shadow Dragon Slayer of Fiore; you shouldn't be fooling around with some little girl!" Sting hollered but made sure that he didn't catch anyone else's attention. That would end badly for everyone.
(Sorry for making him so mean! I love Sting tho.)

"Like I said, you're not one to decide on what I do or who I associate with, Sting!" Rogue snapped. Your eyes widened slightly as you felt the pressure rising further. You had never seen Rogue like this before. He was usually calm and collected. "I know what I'm doing, so don't meddle in my businesses!"

Rogue bended the shadows towards Sting,who released bit of his magic. "If that's what you say, I have no choice but to-"

"NO!"

You stepped forward between the Dragon Slayers, your arms opened wide as you faced Sting. Your eyes bore courage and resolve. There's no way you're letting him hurt Rogue. Sting stepped towards you, finding you a nuisance. You locked eyes with him, not wavering from your spot.

Suddenly, he froze in his step.He fell to his knees, feeling suffocated. You let your hands down to your side, looking down at the mage infront of you."I'll never let you hurt Rogue. He's done nothing wrong."