Chapter One

Emily sat at her desk contemplating the thick red and gold invitation to her ten year reunion. Today was the last day to decide weather she was going to go or not. Emily had procrastinated until he final point to decide if she was going I go or not. She had not attended her five year reunion and she did not really want to attend this one either but for some reason she felt compelled to. Emily couldn't understand it it's not like there was anyone who she wanted to see for her high school. Before she could slip the invitation into her bag it was snatched from between her fingers.

Looking up she saw her coworker and best friend JJ flipping the colourful piece of card over in her hands with a grin.
"Ooo a high school reunion, it's in a few weeks better ask for sometime off before it's too late." JJ stated.
"Why? I do not think I'm going anyway."
"Why are you not going?" Hotch queried after overhearing the cover satin between the two women.
"Do you not remember how miserable high school was for me? Why would I go back to see the people who made my high school days a living nightmare?" Emily snapped ripping the invite back out of her friends hands more harshly than what was needed.
"All they saw was a socially awkward, freakishly smart prodigy it's not like much has changed over the years!"
"Now that's where your wrong Em." Hotch argued." At least for the most part." Hotch conceded Emily was still pretty awkward.

Emily would never understand. No matter how smart she is. And beautiful. She had done well for herself. At 27 years old she had three PhDs and two BAs with a third and fourth on the way. Also she was currently working in Quantico as one of the best profilers in the country. She does not realise how much of a difference she makes in the world. She has saved victims from unsubs and unsubs from themselves. She sees the evils of the world day in day out.
"Emily I'll make you a deal go to the reunion..." Hotch started.
"But-" Emily begun to protest.
"Listen, you go to it but I'll go with you an if anyone says anything derogatory or out of turn we will leave and go anywhere that weekend. Anywhere if your choice." He finished.
Emily really needed to see how special she is especially with he IQ of 187.
She contemplated Hotch's offer and wondered why he was being so kind to her all of a sudden. He had been of all week with her since she was put on surveillance with one of the detectives from Lapd. But she didn't care really as long as he was not being harsh to her.
"Fine I'll go but you have to keep your promise."
Hotch nodded and turned to walk up the ramp to his office. Emily swivelled round in her chair to her computer an emailed her RSVP.
She felt as if she was going to deeply regret agreeing to going with her boss or enjoy it immensely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of chapter one.... Well.....