Chapter Five

~ARI~

“Making bacon pancakes….” I sang the Adventure Time song while making bacon AND pancakes. What?! I’m a fan. Not as much as a fan compared to Pi, but a fan nonetheless.

“Pancakes?” I heard a soft, familiar, sleepy voice say behind my back.

“Mornin’, ginger.” I smirked, handing her a batch of burnt pancakes, her favorite. “Thanks. You know, you never cook like this. We always skip to lunch.” She gave me a puzzled look.

“Morning, beauties.” We heard a husky voice say.

I froze.

Pi froze.

“Oh my fudge.” She said.

“You girls okay? You two, look a little pale.” Harry asked us. “Uh-um. Yeah, sure, we’re- we’re fine.” Pi stuttered. “How did you….?” I asked, not even being able to finish my sentence.

Oh god. What if Zayn found out I lived here? He’s not that selfish to throw me to the corner. But he left you for X-Factor; you think that’s not the same? Then there’s that side of Zayn that would pity me. I wouldn’t be able to live with that, courtesy of my pride.

“How did I know where your home was? Or how did I know the meal is bacon and pancakes? Don’t worry, your friend, Em, spilled when I came to pick you up. And I’ve got an enlarged sense of smell.” He smiled his killer-dimpled-cheeky-grin.

“Whatcha doing there? Go on! Get ready! We’re going shopping today!” He laughed at us. I took off for my closet, only hearing ‘Since when do you know fashion?’

Probably from Pi.

Well, a redhead’s gotta be feisty.

**

“Done!” I heard Pi yell once I was half-way through my ridiculously hideous clothes, trying to find my special outfit I always wore when going out.

I looked at my sister, wearing her favorite jeggings, an off-the-shoulder white sweater and a black baret, framing her red hair.

So is it possible that my freckled, red-headed sister could be better-looking than me?

Yes, apparently it was.

“Ari, you’ve been there for an hour! Come on!” I heard Pi yell as she made her way to me.  “But I can’t find it! My outfit!” I grunted, throwing clothes back. “Ohh..So that was what you were looking for. You spilt coffee on it two days ago, so I sent it to the cleaners.” Pi bit her lip.

Well, that was stupid of me.

"Don't worry, Miss Jenner. I always come prepared. Here, I always shop with Nicole, you know, Zayn's girlfriend? I bought this for you, just in case." Harry flashed another  killer-dimpled-cheeky-grin.

He handed me a light gray shirt with a simple print, a pair of shorts that went up to my waist and had studs. I put it on quickly, not wanting to make the both of them wait any longer, pairing it with my OBEY snapback and a pair of black sneakers. (A/N: Outfit is on the side)

"Let's go shopping!" 

Walking to the car, coming out of the alley was a little awkward, considering it was an alley, Harry was a hot guy and a popstar. 

And getting to the car wasn't much better. And the car ride. Apparently, with Harry obviously checking out Pi, me being her protective big sister and her being the clueless, yet feisty redhead she is, the car ride was just silent and awkward.

"Hey Ginger? Your sis would probably get mad at this, but why do you live under-ground?" He asked, making her glare at him. Yep, that's Pi, alright, I thought. 

"Actually, I'm the one who'll get mad. And why do you care, anyways?" She glared icily at him. "And I thought we were going with Nicole."

"I know your whole story. Didn't I tell you that your friend Em spilled to me? You're not that good as liar. I know all about you." He answered, his tone heart-breaking. 

"I asked, why did you care? So what? We live underground, that's it." 

"Because you're hard to read." He answered. "Why am I even talking to you?" she grunted, making me laugh.

"We're here!" I laughed, jumping up and down on my seat. "Jeez, Ari, calm down, it's only the mall." Harry chuckled, making me roll my eyes and Pi laugh. "I've never been in a mall for seven years, Harry. What do you expect me to do?" I said. 

"Why?" 

When I was about 12 or 13, Zayn took me and Pi to the mall, making me buy something for me for my birthday. Being the gentleman he is, he paid for everything. 

"I don't know, I can't remeber." Lie.

As soon as we entered, Harry got bombarded by fans, I sprinted to the food center and Pi made her way to the bookstore. Walking to Nandos', I saw a blonde, blue-eyed guy make his way to me, a stern look on his face. 

Niall

I tried to turn away and pretend I hadn't noticed him, but he was already too quick. He gripped me by the shoulders, making me face him and pulled me into a store for worn-out pens. Really? Pens?

I'm pretty sure I looked ridiculous, because the next thing I knew, he was laughing himself dead. 

"Really? You take me to a pen shop, looking like you're ready to kill me, then you laugh at me? Unbelievable." I rolled my eyes. 

As he was wiping tears from his eyes and I was probably ready to stomp on him on my way out of the store, my phone rang.

I want ya to ROCK ME

ROCK ME

ROCK ME AGAIN!

I turned beet red as the old lady behind the counter looked at me like I was one of those crazy, dirty-minded teens. Which I'm not, just to be clear.

I placed the phone to my ear. "Hullo?" "Ari, Ari, I need your help."  Zayn. It was Zayn. "What?" 

"Find me."He said cheekily. 

Find him?

 **

HEYYY!!!

Okay, so I know. It's been a month. And I'm sorry. It's been really, terribly busy. My school's changing it's ways. And I just turned eleven. And I was voted the president. I'll probably be updating alternately between When Everything Falls and Operation Good Girl.

That is all....

~E xx