Chapter 3

Last night it seemed like all I could dream about was me and a guy named Minus. It was weird because Minus looked and acted just like Linus. Creepy right? I got up and got dressed in my usual blue outfit. Blue was my favorite color. It reminded me of the ocean. I waved goodbye to my father then began walking to school. When I got there, Linus and his gang were already in the classroom along with everyone else except for Max.
MR.E: "Who knows where tornadoes come from? Well, when cold air mixes with hot air, it can form a tornado, as the hot and cold chase each other around and around and around-"
It actually seemed like the whole class was in dream world today. It wasn't just me. I sat at my desk drawing me and minus together when I heard Marissa speak.
MARISSA: "I dreamt of a story kind of like Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Ice Girl and Dream Boy. Her powers come from her crystal heart-"
MR. E: "No more fairy tales."
Suddenly the whole class started blurting out character ideas.
"Piranha Girl and Beluga Boy."
"Plastic Boy and Metal Girl."
"Barf Boy and Vomit Girl."
'Ok, that one was just gross.'
ME: "Sharkgirl and the bad boy."
Max turned to look at me.
MAX: "Did you say Sharkgirl?"
I nodded but had no time to react.
MR. E: "Does everyone hear me? I'm a teacher, right? Wrong, I'm an awakener. Only l'm finding it more and more difficult to keep my class...awake."
The bell rang and Max got upset.
MAX: "Give me back my journal!"
MR. E: "Class has begun, Everyone in your seats."
MAX: "Linus took my journal!"
LINUS: "I did not!"
MR.E: "Minus! I mean, Linus,You get a minus for misconduct. Give Max back his journal. One more time, Linus, and we'll have to change your name to Minus."
'What he say?'
MAX: "He ruined my dream journal!"
LINUS: "I did not! Mr. Electric send him to the principal's office and have him expelled!"
That was when the teacher got angry.
MR. E: "You're in my class, not the other way around! I know everything and you know nothing! At the end of class, both of you report to the principal's office! With your parents!"
The wind started howling and the windows shattered. The panic in the room caused my shark like reflexes to react and in seconds my shark teeth grew visible. I looked at Linus in panic but he freaked out.
LINUS: "What's up with your teeth Alexa!"
I felt the tip of my teeth and began panicking. See, I'm able to control my transformation until a panic arises. Since I got my shark like features because of a storm, storms freak me out and I transform into half shark.
MR. E: "Everybody down!"
The next thing I saw made me want to cry. It wasn't necessarily a storm. After the windows shattered, my brother and his companion Lavagirl showed up.
"It's them!"
ME: "Sharky?!"
He looked at me and gasped.
SHARKBOY: "Sharkgirl?! I thought you were gone!"
He stayed where he was but just stared at me.
LINUS: "What is he talking about Alexa? Do you know him? AND WHAT'S WITH YOUR TEETH?!"
SHARKBOY: "Alexa? Is that what you call yourself now? Where are your shark features?"
I smiled. I walked over to Sharkboy and took my jacket off. I looked right at Linus and transformed in front of him. My fins grew back. My teeth grew even sharper. My claws came through my gloves. My gills showed through my muscle shirt.
LINUS: "You're one of them?!"
ME: "Sharky, here, is my brother Linus."
LAVAGIRL: "I'm looking for Max."
Everyone pointed to Max's desk. Lavagirl made her way across the room, catching things on fire as she passed.
LINUS: "She's hot!"
I let my anger get the best of me and walked over and used my claws to shred the paper Linus had in his hand.
ME: "Just because I'm different, doesn't mean I'm still not yours! Say she's hot again, and I won't hesitate to rip you apart!"
He rapidly nodded.
SHARKBOY: "That's my sister!"
Max looked at me.
MAX: "You're real?! All this time you were Sharkgirl and you didn't help me out?!"
ME: "At least I tried Max!"
MAX: "This can't be real!"
I giggled and walked to the wall, leaning on the blackboard.
LAVAGIRL: "We need your help, Max. And now that we've found you, Sharkgirl, we need your help too. Come with us."
MAX: "What do I have to do?"
LAVAGIRL: "Go with us to Planet Drool. We'll explain on the way."
MAX: "We're going to Planet Drool?"
There was a sound like nails on a chalkboard and I looked to see my brother drawing the solar system with his claws.
LAVAGIRL: "It's my home planet. Just outside our solar system."
SHARKBOY: "You should know, Max. you made it up."
MAX: "I can't go with you."
ME: "Why not?"
MAX: "Because you're not real. Both of you are just a dream. I must have fallen asleep during class which explains why I'm seeing Alexa as Sharkgirl. And when I open my eyes, you'll be gone."
He closed his eyes and opened them again.
LAVAGIRL: "We're still here, Max."
SHARKBOY: "If you wanna stop the darkness from destroying our worlds, come with us."
MR. E: "You better go with them."
MAX: "Ok...I'll go."