Roulette Wheel

He spent all of his time at the roulette wheel, watching the little white ball spin round and round the black bowl like object. He never placed a bet, not because he couldn't afford it, but because he felt it was pointless. He watched people play all the time but whenever someone would ask him if he was going to place a bet he would simply state that he was only there to watch. He loved to watch people throw their money away on things he felt were stupid.

Though stupid as it may be, he could never seem to pull himself away. It was almost as if he had slipped into a trance while watching the little white ball. The very first time he had seen the roulette wheel, he had immediately become transfixed. He was in absolute awe with the way the ball moved around the bowl. He could watch it for hours, without betting.

Some may call him strange, or easily amused, but he preferred fascinated. He often told himself that he was not interested in the actual game, but the way it was played. He would take mental notes about things he felt were odd or things that he thought needed to be remembered. Over the course of a year, he had visited the casino almost every week, and took enough notes to put a professional to shame. Today was his birthday and he wanted to do something special, but couldn't think of anything to do so like usual, he visited the casino.

Turns' out, playing the roulette wheel is just as addicting as watching others play. Without thinking, he had placed a bet and doubled his money. He played until the casino made him stop. He fell victim to gambling and became addicted. He wasted away in that casino, at the roulette wheel. The very wheel he loved to watch. He won money, he lost money, but he never once lost his love for the game.