Summer Love- Grant's P.O.V

"Come on, Hanna! Let's GO."  Hanna's dad screams from across the KOA campground play area where Hanna and I spend the last five summers hanging out. We never really did anything else but hang out under the jungle gym, swim in the Atlantic Ocean, and hide from her father.

"Grant. I really don't want to go! Social Services are coming tomorrow and god knows what he'll do tonight!" Tears brim in Hanna's eyes and i hug her tightly trying to comfort her. 

I started coming here when I was nine, but Hanna came as a family since she was six. When Hanna was eight her mother got really sick and passed away, although it was from an inner sickness that ran in the family, her dad blamed Hanna for putting her mom under so much stress, that she got sick. The only thing her mom asked for in her will was that Hanna's father would continue to take the annual family summer trips to Florida. Her father agreed but his anger was still present. With being away from their hometown in California where he didnt know anybody, every night of the summer he would beat the crap out of Hanna until she was blue in the face. That was up until a week ago when while her father was out shopping Hanna and I called social services.

"Then let's run away. We'll be back by tomorrow, but we need this night together. Don't you agree?" 

"But.. What if my father comes looking for me? He'd kill me."

"Han, he's going to jail if they find enough evidence! You're safe. And trust me, I've planned for tonight and there is no way he'll find us."

"Okay." Hanna frowns, and looks over and her campsite right next to mine. 

....****....****....****....

"Ohmygosh, Grant! Where did you find this place?" She sounds surprised. And impressed.

"I found it my first year here, but had no reason to use it!" I chuckle, and wrap my arms around her shoulder and kiss her forehead. "Come look."

I grab her hand and lead her behind a waterfall. I brought blankets and pillows for us to spend the night together. I brought the food and candles earlier this morning before Hanna woke up. 

"Grant, this is amazing. Thank you."

"You're welcome, love. Let's eat."

....****....****....****....

"Grant! Grant! Grant!" The crowd screams as I snap out of the flashback. 

Trey gives me a worrying look, but he does every time I sing this song because I wrote it about Hanna. Every time I sing it I flashback to that night. The last night I ever spent with Hanna. The next morning around five we left and made it back to the campground and just waited for the Social Security lady to come. 

"Thank you, New York! Have a great night!" I just got done singing for a charity event in New York. My church back home in Michigan asked me to fly out here and inspire younger kids about joining youth groups nation wide. Everyone seemed to enjoy it so Trey set up for me to stand in the back and take pictures and meet some people, since it would help get my name out there.

There are so many people here, it's not even funny. I've taken pictures with probably 100 people in the last twenty minutes! Only one girl stood out to me, she was in line but I had to ask her and everyone behind her to come back in a half hour because a new speech was going to start, and I had an interview.

....****....****....****....

Half an hour later I am done with the lame interview, and back to meeting fans. The girl that stood out to me was first in line.

"Hey, how are you today?" I ask the girl.

"I-I'm good." She stutters, sounding nervous.

"That's good. Do you think you're going to join a youth group?" I ask trying to sound interested but I really just wanted to go home and think more and more about Hanna.

"Yeah, I think so. This program tonight was an inspiration and definitaly made me think about joining a youth group!" She flashes me a smile, that makes me think back to the summer five years ago. Hanna. "Can you follow my twitter?"

"Of course!" I laugh and hand her my phone with the Notes app open and tell her to just write her username.

"Ohmy. I just spelt my last name wrong!" She laughs. She laughs the laugh I haven't heard in five years. The laugh I can't get over.

"Hanna?"

"It's about time that you reconized me."

No. Fucking. Way.