Chapter 10

Before anyone harasses me, no, I would never assume Gee's mom to be cruel, okay? It's just a fanfic lol. Carry on then...

Gerard's P.O.V

A fist connects with my face, sending me sprawling to the ashy ground, my lip cut wide open and bleeding. The massive feet of someone painfully familiar collide painfully into my sides and stomach as I try to stand. I look up into the eyes of my tormenter to find the one person I hate most. My mother.

"Get up you piece of shit," she screams violently into my face, spit flying as if she were a dog drooling over prey.

I lay there, unwilling to move until the nightmare goes away and disappears, hoping to wake up soon. Instead of letting me lay, of course, she throws her man-like hands onto my shoulders, pulling my twelve-year-old body from the ground. My feet dangle helplessly in the air above the ashy pavement below me, my body limp with pain and exhaustion.

"Do as you're told, faggot," she growls, her breath acrid with alcohol and some form of drug that I had never smelled before, making her teeth rot.

I gave her my first strained smile of the day, hoping to appear maniacal and that she would finally get rid of me since it seems to be what she wants most, "you whore, I'm surprised that you don't beat the men you got to bed with!"

She clearly receives my message, her expression hardening, "oh, you just wait until Judgement Day, Gerard. You'll be the first to be cast and shunned upon into the burning hell that you came from!"

I throw a more wicked smile at her laughing in a small tone, "but mama, we all go to hell."

With that, she flings me to the ground and I realize that we are in the broken city, although the parade is nowhere in sight. And where is Skye? I watch silently as my mother turns and walks down the road, chanting the words, Mama, we all go to hell, over and over, laughing with a cracked voice as she fades into the horizon. I let darkness consume my sorry body as I drift into a painful, fitful sleep.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

My eyes inch open to find myself once again in Skye's room, sprawled across her new bed. I turn my head to see her sleeping figure illuminated by intense moonlight streaming through the window. She is so peaceful, and I begin to think that this is the first time she has slept comfortably in so many years, safe, protected, and loved. My memory hits me again and I let my head fall to the blankets beneath me as the headache and nausea begin to rock my body, causing me to roll from the bed and slam to the floor with a loud thud.

"Gerard. . ." comes the soft whisper from Skye, who's siting up on the bed, looking down at me with squinted eyes.

"Go back to sleep, Skye. I just gotta go to the bathroom for a sec," and with that, I race from the room and downstairs, letting my feet carry me where they may.

Apparently, my feet want to run into the kitchen and slam themselves into the leg of a chair, because that's exactly what they do. I cripple to the floor and clutch my foot to my chest, tears streaming my cheeks. The chair was sent flying across the blue-themed kitchen, slamming into the cabinets there. My fears for my dreams return and push me into the floor, my very existence at risk with my sanity. I don't know what to do anymore, my past has returned and I am running like the twelve-year-old version of me wanted to. But he never would have wanted it to be this way. I suddenly realize why my memory has returned, and why I am so suddenly frantic; my time in the real world with Skye is done. I have helped her past her expected deaths and kept her alive and happy, and it is now time for me to rejoin the parade and help another troubled soul. But with Skye it's different, I have never felt it this hard to leave someone before, and I begin to feel light-headed with fear and worry.