Chapter 9: Savior?

Marlene's POV

His hands feel soft against my skin, over my knuckles. My heart is fluttering with a bunch of emotions that seem to come out of no where.

Desperately needing to change the subject I started a new conversation.

"So, Michael I've been seeing this panther wondering around at night when I get out from work, also in my dreams."

"It's so creepy but ..." I add but couldn't finish.

"Interesting? Fascinating?" He asks. "Yeahh, exactly that. Have you seen it?" I nod asking more. He shakes his head before answering.

"No and no. It's just since you said you've  been seeing this panther at night and in your dreams. It's just cool I guess." He replies chuckling.

"Maybe it's a signal. I think you have a savior." He smiles and looks at me. A savior? The panther is my savior?

I laugh and shrug not knowing how to reply. He then smirks, while parking next to the sidewalk. He gives me a smile which I automatically return.

We both get out of the car in a swiftly matter.

"I rather have you as my savior." I joke. He raises his eyebrows while crossing his arms behind his back. He opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

He then closes it and bites his lip thinking of what to say but I decide to speak up.

"I understand how you can be my savior, but not the panther. You've save me from my ex but the panther hasn't save me from anything." I say while looking at Michael who seems to be listening to every word I say.

The panther only saved me in my dream but that was a dream it didn't really happen.

"Well uh, you said you seen this panther around so I'm assuming more than once, correct?" He asks. "Yes, correct." I nod.

"Well a savior doesn't have to just save you from things but also look after you." He says looking at me in the eyes.

He does have a point there.

"Still, I rather have you." I smile while placing a hand on his shoulder. He looks down at my hand then back up to me.

"Sorry." I say and blush. I immediately take my hand away.

Oh god I seem a bit too flirty even though that wasn't my intention.

He smiles and takes my hand in his then slowly brings our hands to his lips. He places a soft kiss on my hand and smiles.

"It's okay it didn't bother me, it's just that I felt.." He says and waits. I look at him raising my an eyebrow utterly confused.

"A spark." He winks with a flirtatious grin.

I place my other hand on his chest and laugh. He joins and he holds me. "What's so funny?" He asks still laughing.

Oh he was being serious, my laugh dies down and I giggle. "Nothing at all." I smile and hold his hand. He shrugs and chuckles.

"Wrong day to wear a black shirt, huh." He exhales through his nose and unbuttons a few buttons of his shirt.

"Sure is." I laugh then place a hand on his forehead and neck. "You're pretty warm." I giggle.