Ophelia

"So then tell me, dear prince, if you are to be crowded king, why are you here sauntering in the desert with me?" My voice sounded hoarse but my tone was firm.

I knew I took an effect on the prince because be stiffened, his posture straightening as he looked at the horizon.

"When I become King this will be my first decree. Ophelia will be sentenced for life as an entertainment dancer."

"I think the sun is really boiling that brain of yours..." I muttered to myself as we continued to walk through the sandy deserts of the out lands.

"I am a prince." Lionel continued, "and when I become king I will follow up on my decree unless you decided to shut up now."

"Wouldn't you love to see me dancing, especially when I'm wearing half my clothes." I laughed, the wind blowing my hair in my face.

Lionel cursed under his breath, his words so entangled I couldn't understand anything. Shasta stopped beside me my bag tied around her saddle echoed with the sweet whooshing of water. I reached for my bag but a silver dagger was brought to my neck, the blade inches from my skin.

"I know you don't believe me, but I have to get home because everything I say is true."

•____________*____________•

Ophelia. The name is Greek, it means "help". And help is all Prince Lionel needs.

Stranded, and hurt, Ophelia doesn't know her name or where she is from. All she remembers is waking up in the middle of the desert beside a camel with a dagger in her hand. She tries to find out who she is and when Lionel tell her about the library of knowledge and how every record of everyone in Egypt is there, she's convinced she can finally find out who she is.

Follow Ophelia and the Prince on a journey to find their home and maybe something more...